eBay thread

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
This thread is to tell people who to avoid buying from on eBay. I've seen a couple people that have had bad experiences with eBay, and want to warn other Clubintegra members which sellers to avoid.

If you had a surprisingly good experience you can post that too.

I just bought an MSD distributor cap from autocom_performance and it was factory sealed, and shipping was ok. But I'm used to Summits 3 day shipping so that makes anything seem slow.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I just bought a service manual from gyrojoe. Guy shipped very quick, so if you are looking for a service manual try him. Book is sweet.

Regulator23

i have gotten 90% of my parts from ebay...all legit brand name stuff for cheap, and brand new...i love ebay...some people are to stubborn to try it...look for stores...not just auctions... auctions are dumb no way, but buy it now on a low low price, im definately down

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Regulator23 said:
i have gotten 90% of my parts from ebay...all legit brand name stuff for cheap, and brand new...i love ebay...some people are to stubborn to try it...look for stores...not just auctions... auctions are dumb no way, but buy it now on a low low price, im definately down
Yeap same here, I buy pretty much everything from ebay....

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Don't buy from: aljay-n-jill

I bought a B16 valve cover from them. It was all scratched up and they had touched up the scratches with a Sharpie. It looks like crap and I didn't put it in my car, when the cover gets wet the marker touch-ups turn purple. I had emailed them before I bid and asked if it was scratched, if the lettering was corroded or if paint was chipping anywhere, they said no. There was a pic of the valve cover, but it wasn't very clear which is why I emailed them the questions, then they lie to me.

Also stay away from: metallispy

Last edited:

Maniac

eBay is definately a great place to get whatever, but there's definately junk on there too.

Driftmotion sucks, don't buy from them. I bought a set of rims and they claimed they were in MINT condition (they looked MINT in the pics too). Well, when I got them they were all scratched up, had gouges, massive oxidation, and a couple of the lips were even ground down!! I emailed them about it and all they had to say was "they didn't leave here like that" lol Bullshit. I ended up getting them for free :)

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
It only took 2 months for you guys to start using this thread.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Ominous G2 said:
I just bought a service manual from gyrojoe. Guy shipped very quick, so if you are looking for a service manual try him. Book is sweet.
Damn...I need to get a service manual for my car...how do you search for the member gyrojoe?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
go to ebaymotors.com

there is a black bar that has home I browse I search I sell I "how to" center I services

Click search, the next page will have a box on the left with items, stores, members.

Click 'items by seller', a new window should open. Type in 'gyrojoe' or another name, and click search.

It should then open a new window, with an exact match and some close matches.

Then just click the view sellers items bar.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I searched, I didnt see any manuals. Was suprised that gyrojoe is selling all kinds of figurines.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
One of my classmates' Dad is doing that. He's a power seller as well and makes close to 20k a month just selling random shit that he gets from a radio station.

teggy2281

I think Ebay for some people is good and bad as for me, I got most of my shit from them and I'm satisfied with it. You just have to look and choose very carefully.