Car Cranks But Doesn't Start, Help?

AZ_480GSR

Okay i was driving my 95 integra GSR to the store and it drove perfectly fine there and when i got back from the store I tried to start my car and it started but 2 seconds later it dies out. I tried to start it again and it cranks fine but it just dont wanna start. anyone have any ideas? its never done that before. Also i tried pushing the car and popping the clutch to see if it would roll start and it starts but dies in 1 sec.

JDM-Jermz23

my 95 GSR is having the same problem.

I've checked for spark and fuses. i think the issue is that i am getting no fuel bur idk. need some serious help.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Could be the main relay, that will allow the car to crank and crank but not start up. My dads CRX does it from time to time (he just hasnt had the time to replace the relay lol). I have a main relay if you need one pm me

GoldenGR

I just had this problem last week. i agree with guy_from_nerk. Check your main relay. If you have a friend with a teg just switch it to see if its the problem instead of buying one, to save money. In my case the ground wire was open and touched another one, which fried my ecu.

Last edited:

trebolDC2

B18C1Yeah Buddy!!!!!
My teg did the same thing and it end up being the distributor and I just replaced it with a new 1

JDM-Jermz23

I spray the fuel into the intake and it will start for a second then cut off. my mechanic thinks its an electrical problem. it was running fone acouple days ago and now it wont start at all cant even push start it.

Prozon

Kris
Your problem is fuel delivery. Main relay, fuel pump or ignition would cut it off. My guess is the main relay.

This link should help you diagnose/fix the relay if it is the problem.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelay.html

Good luck, and be sure to post up your findings. :thumbs up