Heater, bad thermostat?

Mikifiki

The heat in my car sometimes blows hot, sometimes not so much. Also my thermastat in the car seems to be staying below C and not functioning. The other day I noticed my engine colling fan was running after I turned the car off and it was about 20 degrees out. The wire in the pic seemed to be lose as I wiggled it the fan went on and off. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not. Any thoughts, and what is the wire called? I need to replace it. Thanks in advance.

Spody02

Name: Cody
ok, first change your thermostat, cause thats why it wont go above C, honda makes there thermostat to stay open when they go bad, its not hard to do. and then your heat will work, and the wire is just a ground for your car it should mess with the fan at all? and is it your ac fan or the other fan that is staying on

LitosDA

Yea that what hapened to my friends 94 integra, we changed it and it worked like new. Just tighten the ground wire down and you should be good.

If the thermo is bad, it stays on. The fan signal is from the thermo. I had the same problem when we did my swap. Replace the thermo and you should be good. The engine ground should have nothing to d with the fan staying on, but should be reared anyway

Mikifiki

ok, first change your thermostat, cause thats why it wont go above C, honda makes there thermostat to stay open when they go bad, its not hard to do. and then your heat will work, and the wire is just a ground for your car it should mess with the fan at all? and is it your ac fan or the other fan that is staying on
The a/c is disconnected. I'll get a new thermostat, and fix the ground wire. Thanks for the help.

Mikifiki

Just for an update I drove into work today and the thermostat seems to be working and temp went to normal while driving. Thermostat is still being replaced, and will probably replace ground as its shredding near the ends.

Mikifiki

Thermostat replaced, and heat works. I got a groundwire for $3 at autozone. All is good in RustyTeg land.

TranceReactor

Ok So how about this one, my heater does NOT work and I recently put a new thermostat in it, and my ground wire seems to be in ok condition... The blower will work, but no hot air no matter how warm the car gets... please help its freezing out!!!

Mikifiki

Does the thermo on dash stay on Cold? If so new thermostat may be bad. My ground wire had nothing to do with heat. I obviously don't know much. You might want to start a new thread if you don't get any answers.

wite2nr

Ok So how about this one, my heater does NOT work and I recently put a new thermostat in it, and my ground wire seems to be in ok condition... The blower will work, but no hot air no matter how warm the car gets... please help its freezing out!!!
are the heater hoses connected? or did somebody bypass the heater core.