4x100 to 4x114.3 Conversion

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Hey guys, haven't been on for a while, so yeah - i'm back, yo.

Just a question / statement.. I'm over rockin' my fat fives and I want a change, a dude on a local HONDA site is selling his JDM ITR 4X114.3 wheels off a 96 Type R. Because they're different stud patterns, I'm going to need to do a conversion, is it a simple bolt off, bolt on and bleeding of the brakes or is there much more? If you guys know of a DIY article please shoot it my way. I'm going to get it done properly by my friends brother, who convienienty is a mechanic. Brakes probably aren't the best thing for an amateur to fiddle with. Also.. how much better do you think these brakes will be? just curious, because I'm using the ones that came stock on my 94 GSR.

Thanks, Chris

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
there are but i would do a conversion big 4 is kind of cool plus you can run bigger breaks

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Yeah, the guy is selling the complete conversion for 600, including wheels with 50% tread, and a spacesaver, which is a great price in Australia haha. How much better are the 96 ITR brakes?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
they are bigger i wouldnt say better with stock pads. with upgraded pads they would be stronger

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Are pads expensive? Also i heard someone say that I may lose my ABS because in 96 the JDM ITR had optional abs, I should probably double check to see if he had the ABS on his, apparently it has something to do with knuckled and sensors

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Pads range from cheap pads from 20 bucks to high end hawk pads that are like hundreds lol

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Of course we do. I'm adding products now. But we carry hawk, ebc, and stoptech and one other