b18c1 valve lifter adjustment?

R13

The other asshole
B18c1's do not have lifters, it's an overhead cam; you adjust the valve lash.

If yours is adjusted to spec and you're still getting ticking you have another problem.

Specs are:
Intake .006 - .007 in
Exhaust .007 - .008 in

Or you could just not be used to b series engines, they're pretty noisy compared to most engines.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
valvetrain tick is usually bad LMAs

R13

The other asshole
Lost motion assembly, they look kinda like lifters.

They sit under the rocker arms that contact the vtec lobes on the camshaft. What they do basically is apply constant pressure to the rocker arms so when they're not bridged to the intake/exhaust valve rockers the rocker arm doesn't just flop around freely and damage the camshaft.

If you don't understand that then you should read up on how vtec works and you'll understand.

Last edited:

hypnotiq

Ok. So would you recommend skunk2 lma's? Or just go stock. The cams are itr cams, if that helps.

R13

The other asshole
Well first I would recommend actually checking to see if yours are bad.

hypnotiq

Intake side sounds like a pissed off type writer. Will go away for a few seconds then cone back. The head was at the machine shop. Replaced everything but those apparently. For $100 I can get the springs from skunk2. Or pay $280 from honda.

Nick_C78

The skunk2 ones are fine. Better than the stock ones. I personally have Science of Speed LMAs, which are oem nsx ones with spacers

hypnotiq

Valves were adjusted to spec from the machine shop. I didnt pay $600 in head work with new valves, seals, retainers and springs to not spec everything. Only thing that wasn't replaced, apparently, were the lma's