Oil light flashing at idle

djv1986

Really? They look like they've gotta hot to me. And they were pulled outta my engine with maybe 600 miles on them with super low oil pressure

About 5-6 psi idle warm
And about 40psi at 4000rpm

djv1986

Thats what I'm saying. They look flawless for bearings that have been in a running motor...especially a motor with no oil pressure

The crank looks good still too and yes acl race version. I never saw them brand new so idk what they should look like

Nick_C78

Google image ACL race bearings. Yours look brand new man. If oil starvation happened those bearings would be showing copper. It still has the damn coating for christ sakes.

djv1986

Google image ACL race bearings. Yours look brand new man. If oil starvation happened those bearings would be showing copper. It still has the damn coating for christ sakes.

They were still smooth as was the crank journals the color just had me scared for a second. The main and rod caps I believe are going to be " lapped" and that should tighten up the vertical clearance on the bearings as what the machine shop said

Muckman

Not a M0derator
eh... no. Just use a thicker OEM bearing. No need to machine anything. Plus "lapping" is the wrong term there.

Nick is right. If heat discolor was from oil starvation then youd need friction which causes scratches/polishing and you have none. The discoloring you have is just the coating ACL uses on their race bearings. They look flawless.

djv1986

eh... no. Just use a thicker OEM bearing. No need to machine anything. Plus "lapping" is the wrong term there.

Nick is right. If heat discolor was from oil starvation then youd need friction which causes scratches/polishing and you have none. The discoloring you have is just the coating ACL uses on their race bearings. They look flawless.

The crank has been polished prob 3 times now so it's a tad undersized idk if the oem bearings will get the tolerance close enough.

Nick_C78

If ACL got it to around .002 and acl is basically the middle size oem...the thicker oem bearings will easily close that gap.

djv1986

So apparently the machine shop installed a diff acl race bearing and the vertical clearance was at .0010 but the horizontal clearance is .0040 apparently the "race" version of the bearing is thicker on the bottom then the side so we're trying a different brand bearing and one that's not a " race" bearing

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
why did you need a race bearing in the first place?

Also ACL was bought by a chinese company recently, and they state that the race bearings are still made in the US but they arent, theyre made in china.

djv1986

why did you need a race bearing in the first place?

Also ACL was bought by a chinese company recently, and they state that the race bearings are still made in the US but they arent, theyre made in china.

Supposedly acl doesn't make the non race versions anymore. And they weren't expensive and figured they are decent bearings.

djv1986

Slowly getting the engine back together with the new bearings and machine shop says clearance is now at .0014