Jared Si

osiris19

Haven't posted an update in awhile. Not really much to update on. Been pretty broke. Put about 3200 miles on the car so far. Completely in love with it. Going to ocean city Maryland this weekend so probably will change the oil in a week or two. Anyways.

Repainted the intake cover.

And picked up a carbon fiber red stitched shift boot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

osiris19

Picked up a shifter extension on Saturday. It just falls into gear and looks great too with the CF shift boot.

osiris19

My buddy made it. I believe it was cnc machined. It feels solid, but I don't see how it could snap my factory shifter. I rarely beat on this car so I'm not really shifting hard. It's jsut more comfortable to daily this way.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
that doesnt look cnc looks like half of a turnbuckle with a threaded rod on the end. shifter extenders add more leverage to the shifter and no you may not break it driving in the street, although many have snapped the extenders doing so, once you track you might snap it. Ive seen a few shifters snap both different manufacturers both using different shift extenders.

osiris19

I wasn't ever gonna use an extension on the track, this is just a lot more comfortable to drive

osiris19

So, little update. The flashpro didn't work out. Got it from a buddy of mine who's car was totaled, but the flashpro is locked to his ECU so I can't use it. Hondata wants to charge me $500 to reset it, so I said screw it, and an just gonna buy one after I get some bills paid before Christmas.

Second, finally got the exhaust I've been looking at. Vibrant Gen 2 STREETPOWER cat back. I absolutely love the sound of this. It has a deep low growl when rolling around town and screams at high rpm. The vtec crossover is a lot more pronounced as well. Been looking at a couple headers but haven't really decided on one yet. Thinking of either a skunk2 alpha (a lot of 8th gen owners swear by it) or a vibrant 4-2-1 header.

Also cleaned the garage out to make room for the Si and got close to done. I'm trying to get it all cleaned out for the winter, but running out of places to put all of the shit.

osiris19

So this past weekend was amazing. Went to tennessee/North Carolina to meet up with people for the annual Attack the Dragon on US129, Deals Gap. Met a bunch of cool people and drove the Si harder than I've ever driven it. It's awesome.

Here's some photos from the weekend.