b18c1 valve lifter adjustment?

R13

The other asshole
Valves were adjusted to spec from the machine shop. I didnt pay $600 in head work with new valves, seals, retainers and springs to not spec everything. Only thing that wasn't replaced, apparently, were the lma's

Don't always trust a machine shop, the amount of money you paid doesn't say anything about the work.

I had my head rebuilt a couple of years ago and the shop was supposed to do everything, but I double checked and sure enough the valve lash was nowhere near in spec.

R13

The other asshole
you also adjust them after a few miles as well. GSR needs a specific tool to do it too.

It's much easier to do it with the tool but it is possible to do it with a deep socket and a screwdriver.

I wouldn't recommend it though, it's more of an art form than a cheap bypass. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Intake .006 - .007 in
Exhaust .007 - .008 in

You'll need ones that are bent on the end or you'll have to very carefully bend them yourself, watch out though, they break easily.

R13

The other asshole
You can check the lma's while you have the valve cover off. Make sure the cam lobe isn't pressing on the rocker, push the middle rocker down (it's fairly stiff so press firmly) and when it comes up it should pop if it's bad.

hypnotiq

Ok. Ill do all that today. Kinda want to break in my car. It idles so good and even revs fast. So its one of the 2 that are ticking/chattering.

hypnotiq

No 0art stores around me have the adjustment tool. So I may have to socket and flathead it.....Unfortunately