engine sounds like a diesel

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Put everything together today With the new keys'. Everything works perfect. Figured while I was in there i changed my PS belt.
Just to let you guys know i did not loosen the time belt just man handled it off and on.
now i got fix this damn vaccum leak around the egr valve.
well thanks to all yoi guys for all the info, tips and what not! :)

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Spoke too soon.
looks like i did my ignition timing incorrectly. . Set it at 0 tdc instead of 16d lol i did not know which one, and did not jump the wire on passenger side Symptoms -now it wont idle or just wants to die.
drives fine tho, running rich
seafoamed it

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
So did you set it back to 16?
Im actually convinced its iether my iacv or fitv.
But obviously going to check out my ignition timing before hand.
will have time next week.
the car drives/accelerates fine just wants to die when at idle or at a stop light/ at a stop.
jeeez first the camshaft keys now this lol i guess its better now i work at napa auto parts

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Unplug the IACV and adjust the idle screw so the idle rpm is around 600, then plug back in the IACV.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Unplug the IACV and adjust the idle screw so the idle rpm is around 600, then plug back in the IACV.
Ok
so 1 can Not get the check engine light to stay when jumping the check connecter under the dash.
2 iacv connector unplugged the car will not run
3 can not get my ignition timing correct
And 4 its giving me a headache

Muckman

Not a M0derator
2.) means your engine cannot get enough bypass air around the closed throttle to maintain throttle. Its using the idle valve as a crutch to get all of the bypass air for idle. Open the idle screw up A LOT to bypass more air around the closed throttle plate.

You may also want to remove the entire throttle body and give a thorough cleaning. Sometimes the idle passages get gummed up.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
I decided to start from scratch.
I guess i did it wrong the first time because my timing belt was off a tooth, so I rotated the cams til they were spot on. Or i should say as best as i could. 1 cam has a little play so it was really tuff linning up perfectly
My ignition timing is fully advanced to the red mark.
Today was good. Cleaned my iacv which was nearly clogged, adjusted my idle to spec and got my teggy running. puurrrs like a kitten.:D
thanks for all the help guys!!