96 GSR vs Mustang GT

htwnzbad1

Well last night I was way home from my uncles house...and I was turning right on to Hwy6 and there are the railroad tracks...so I was going slow since my car is dropped. I see a mustang coming really fast in my rear view mirror...and I started to speed a little so he dosent hit me...he gets next to me and flicks me off. So I decided to play a little cat n mouse. So I caught up to him and passed him up....then I could see in my rearview mirror that he wanted to race....I dropped down to 4th gear going about 80mph and punched it when he got next to me....he was inching away from me. I thought he would have burned the shit out of me. We had to slow down because there were cars infront of us. But we were lucky enough to catch a light. So the light turned green...we both took up....both of us launched. We were both even up till 3rd gear then he slowly moved away....I was on his back fender and then slowly I started catching up in 4th gear but then we had to slow down because there were cars in our lane. I thought a mustang should have burned the shit out of me since there V8 with 260 HP. and im only I4 with 170HP. All I have done to my car as in engine mods is Intake and exhaust. I think If I had a headers and high flow cat then I should have smoked him.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
A header and cat would have made a difference.
When I went from having an AEM CAI and an Apexi WS, to both of those plus a JDM ITR header and Carsound cat, I dropped a full half second off my quarter mile time. A complete, properly sized I/H/C/E setup can go a long way. Youd've been pulling on him in 3rd rather than the other way around.
Those Mustang GT's may have 260HP, but they weigh a ton compared to our cars. Just don't play with the Cobra's or you'll get your ass handed to you.

Last edited:

ca86108

yea ive raced 3 cobras 2 brand new ones like 03.. and i raced the 96 97 and still got killed.. ive never lost that bad.. but ive raced hella gt mustangs.. i straight KILLLLLL them on a roll.. but from stop to stop im even.. i raced a gt mustang with intake and flowmasters from a stop.. and got a tie..

MoJoJoJo

Banned
hwy 6 & hwy 90? way to sugarland? i was up against a mustang cobra on sat. we where like doing 40 something on bellaire & synott, and he started looking over at me, then he pulled off, so i drop back into 2nd and peeled off right after him, i caught up wit him and passed him like 1/4 car lenght, i couldnt get enough space to cut him off. and then there was a car infront of me so i had to brake. i wouldnt have beaten him anyways

type dc2

my bros typeS beat a GT... but that seems right.. dont you think? might of been the driver tho... he lookd like he knew wat he was doin.