My 90 Integra has ABS? how do I tell

Andrew93

Currently Building
Ok so i couldnt find anything searching so... im trying to get some new cv axles for my DA and its asking if it is w/ or w/o ABS, really am just learning everything, this is my first proj so anyway how do i tell if there is ABS on there? lookin at autozone website for the axles

a few ways...

turn the key to ON (with lights on the dash but dont start the car) and see if there is an ABS light lit up.
or
Pull the wheel off and look at the axle on the outboard side (closest to wheel) and see if there is an eccentric (abs) ring on the axle or a sensor going to the hub)

if you give me a vin number I can tell you.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Just look under the hood for an ABS module and reservoir. It should be by the passenger side strut tower

heykosal

Angkorian
Just drive and then slam on the brakes. If the wheels don't lock up you'll know:lol:

tilegend

notice the thing between the fusebox and the intake piping.

its the ABS pump moduator. what you see is the reservoir for it.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Yo... If your that lazy... drive the car real fast, and let a wall stop you then you'll know... lol j/k

x2^ or you can slam your brakes somewhere and if it skids then you don't have abs =/

xusake

Slamming your brakes are for dumb ass. Like dc2GS-R said, Just look under the hood for an ABS module and reservoir. It should be by the passenger side strut tower. Easy way without getting hurt.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
wow... how is it being a dumbass... just go like 10 mph and slam the breaks, OMGOOS I AM GOING TO DIE AT 10 mph.

mirrorimg

It is a dumb idea. It's way more effort than you need to do and can simply be accomplished by popping the hood and LOOKING.

wow... how is it being a dumbass... just go like 10 mph and slam the breaks, OMGOOS I AM GOING TO DIE AT 10 mph.
It's being a complete dumbass. Determining if the car has ABS or not is easier than driving like a douche bag.
Take a look under the hood. At least try and seem like a real mechanic.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Your a damned moron. There'ss more then '1' way to find out whats on a car.

It is not unsafe to slam on the brakes, do you know why, because in illinois when I took my drivers class in High School we were told to test our braking ability of the car every major season change to make sure we know how well our car can stop. It was in the fucking book too.

So shove it Mr. Expert... go drive like a grandma mr 'safe'

Last edited:

red.line

Well if you know the trim of your Integra, you don't even need to go outside to pop the hood.
Only the GS has ABS (surprised no one has mentioned this yet lol.)
But if you're unsure, do as most everyone suggested and take the 2 seconds to see if you have a reservoir or not.