Trans - clutch, slave cylinder problem??

spitafifire

hey i have a 94 1.8 non-vtec ls, and for a while now since i have owned the car, its always been a little harder to put into each gear, for instance whenever shifting, or even when car is off and switching thru gears, it goes about 1/2 way in gear and i kinda have to pop it the rest of the way in, also when i start the car, without releasing the clutch, most of the time it wont go into reverse, i have to release the clutch, then press it back down and it will go into reverse. also once in a while, when in slow traffic or what not, from keep pressing n releasing the clutch, sometimes it feels like the clutch pedal isnt releasing all the way, the pedal still comes all the way up but when i press it back down it feels like it has more play in it, like it wont get harder to press where it should be, it gets harder a bit farther down. after pressing and releasing pedal a few times it usually fixes itself. but now today a new problem occurred. while driving, and pressing clutch in to switch gears, about 3/4 of the way down the clutch feels like it kind of jumps for a second like theres a bump in it, and say im driving in any gear, if i hold the clutch down and go to put it in the gear lower than that gear, example driving in 3rd go to 2nd, etc... you get the point, theres is a rubbing/ faint steady grinding noise. sound like something rubbing against clutch. im thinking i may have a slave cylinder issue but im really not sure, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

DroolinBuddie

get a manual it helps :D...

Hydraulic clutch system correct?... if so...
I think you should check the fluids, re bleed the clutch line( the one on the transmission, i forgot what it's called x_x)
maybe it' has air in the system...check for pedal free play, if that doesn't work, then maybe internal problem? ... Probably synchros going bad... or clutch.

...Hope i helped in someway lol... If not, then sorry :x

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Do what he said, check for leaks if the level is low and of course bleed it cuz if it feels like that cuz of low fluid you probably introduced air in the system. Other then that there isnt much else besides clutch, tranny fluid or tranny internals.

j13

Keep It Clean
Bleed the slave, till it runs clear and have the res topped off. Change your transmission fluid, check the shift linkage for a worn bushing causing the shifter to not fully engage the gear. If that does nothing, you have internal transmission issues