After snow, car won't start

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
Alright, so before yesterday, when it snowed 6 inches, my integra was running perfectly fine. It would start up with half a crank, idle perfectly and ETC. Well, after it snowed, it wouldn't start. I tried jumping it, no dice. I flooded the engine, so I tried starting it with the pedal to the floor, no dice. I left the hood open while it was sunny to let it "dry out", no dice. I even went out to get a new battery, still nothing worked.

The engine cranks when you start it, it just doesn't engage after that, so it's not the starter. It has a brand new dizzy, plugs and wires as well, so I'm at a total loss.. What the hell could this be?!

Nick_C78

When you say it has a new dizzy what do you mean? Brand and mileage please.

How about fuel pressure? Fuel filter change would be my next route if dizzy checks out.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
It's brand new, I got it off rockauto, I think it's a cardone, with less than 10,000 on it. Fuel pressure is fine, and it has a new filter in it.

Nick_C78

Soo you claim it has spark and fuel but won't start? How are you checking fuel pressure?

By the way, reman dizzy go bad all the time. Just because it is new doesn't mean its good. Any check engine lights?

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
No, no check engine lights. I'm wondering if frost of some sort got into the plugs or somewhere. I'm thinking about taking a hair drier out there to see if I can warm something up.

Nick_C78

In order for ice to build up there needs to be water...if you have water in your cylinders or spark plug tubes...not starting is the least of your worries.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
This is perfect. Because I left my tools at my girls house, after it broke down on me, and with this, all you need is a screw driver. Thanks muckman. I'll let you know what happens.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
Like I said, the car was running perfectly just the night before. Then it snowed and it wouldn't start up. I got some of the ice out of the engine bay, like off of the radiator, but there is still a lot of ice on the bottom side of the car.