fender rolling/flaring

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
this vid helped me out.

[YOUTUBE="fender rolling"]DDTK9IjKIYU[/YOUTUBE]

but it wasnt rolled as much so i just cut the damn thing :thumbs up

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
I'm not trying to be an ass, but Google it because you'll be able to read the experience of other people (pros and cons). Also check out all the YouTube videos. There aren't a ton you'll have to go through.

Materials:
1) A heat gun to heat the area before you roll it (you'll want the surface pretty hot to avoid cracking in the paint).
2) Painter's tape to protect where you're rolling. You don't want to scratch the paint there...rust.
3) Eastwood fender roller, aluminum or wooden bat, or rubber mallet and dead blow hammer.
4) A jack or lift to get the tires off the ground.

You have to do this gradually, otherwise you run the risk of cracking your paint or the work just coming out ugly.

Like I said, read up on it on Google first. You'll get tons of results.

P.S. Please don't do the way where the car is on the ground, someone steadies a bat, and someone else "slowly" drives the car. lol I haven't seen any good results come from that method. The results don't look smooth, IMO.

And just for LOLs...

[YOUTUBE="Fender Rolling Uh Oh lol"]1LdDAa6TNWE[/YOUTUBE]

Classa64

Three of us guys at work all chiped in and Bought a proper fender roller...works great and it looks great , heat a bit roll a bit and in no time your done crack free. Now we advertise we have it and we rent it out, even the local body shop borrowed it. Paid for itself twicw now :)