Car Sponsors For Real??

OBEY POSSE GSR

ask and ye shall recieve
hey guys at of curiosity ,i saw the commercial for the car sponsors n how they can help u fix u ride with free parts. theres like a commercial and a legit website. i filled out the application (make, model condition of car , any mods , paint job ) and they even asked me if i woudl wear the sponsors brand and put decals on my car. and even to write a little 100 word essay on why i should be sponsored . anyway i got to the end and they asked for a credit card info. now im pretty hesitant to give that over the web. so i was wondering if u guys have tried it or heard of it and think i should do it they said "we definately have openings for your car Reggie. " (not on fone on the site). and all i have to pay is a 99 agent fee. IF i get sponsored. if i dnt they dnt charge it. sorry for the novel but what do u guys think ? do it or no ?:what:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
yaa i saw that and got about that far. just seemed to rigged. anyone can pay for airtime. even if they are legit i just dont want em having my cc# "just in case"

OBEY POSSE GSR

ask and ye shall recieve
ya i know cuz i work at Dish network and we say we wont use them but if a customer cancels or ordered too many movies 300$ cancel fee are added and all kinds of other shit . so ya idk dude

speedin

The Transporter
There jokes, all of these programs are fake. They have been around for awhile. Avoid it like the plague. Some do give out discounts on certain parts, but like a few bucks, I mean its a total scam. You can get better deals browsing the web.

I'll save ya some trouble, if you wanna pay to get semi-discounted parts get a membership here

http://www.yoparts.com/index.php

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I hate those kinds of scams. I'm sponsored by a car detailing company (called Bocar) but they approached me about it. I deal with them in person, go to the warehouse in person, nothing online or anything like that. Don't give your credit card out, it's a scam. Usually sites will "sponsor" people and give them "discounts" on things but really are just charging them retail price. Just because they jack the price up 20% then say you will get %20 off, doesn't mean it's a sponsorship. Means they have all your information and are going to sell that information to those annoying people that call you right as you are about to sit down to eat dinner and ask if you are interested in upgrading your dishwasher.

My 2cents is stay away.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
did they keep your crad on file or make u pay anything extra after u got sponsored ?
they keep mine on file idk about matt but probably the same thing. I think we get a substantial discount from them, up to 50% off, i think we get as much off as their "mishimoto loves drifters" subsiderary. But its a legit partial sponsorship.

a legit sponsorship from a company should never ask you for your CC# up front.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
There jokes, all of these programs are fake. They have been around for awhile. Avoid it like the plague. Some do give out discounts on certain parts, but like a few bucks, I mean its a total scam. You can get better deals browsing the web.

I'll save ya some trouble, if you wanna pay to get semi-discounted parts get a membership here

http://www.yoparts.com/index.php
Is that site legit?
Like.. I'm about to join and order so much shit right now.
I fucking hate living in Canada.. everything is so much more expensive if you can't get it from the states.. fortunately for me, I live 5 minutes from the US border and have a shipping address over there..
so back to the original question, is this YoParts site like.. for real? I'm almost thinking it's one of those "too good to be true" things seeing as it would cost me $300+ to get Tein S Tech springs up here and they're on there for $165..