Led Strip Bar Install - Adhesive

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
$1.99 Lmao. Those are gonna die and you're going to have wasted more money trying to install them. Let me give you some advice regarding LEDs, you pay for what you get. I replaced all my house lights with LEDs, a cheapo brand from Amazon with excellent reviews. They all burned out within 30 days except for 2; I bought 42 of them. I finally manned up and bought good LEDs from Lowes (even dimmable) which ran about 20+ a bulb, but I haven't had any problem yet and they have a 10 year warranty. Plus I've cut my electric bill more than half. They also look a million times better, are brighter, have a much better spread, etc...

I realize these are for a car, but the point is cheap LEDs suck and you shouldn't always trust reviews. Most people review things within a week, before any problems arise, and not many go back and update them to say the stuff sucked.

Strategist102

Banned
$1.99 Lmao. Those are gonna die and you're going to have wasted more money trying to install them. Let me give you some advice regarding LEDs, you pay for what you get. I replaced all my house lights with LEDs, a cheapo brand from Amazon with excellent reviews. They all burned out within 30 days except for 2; I bought 42 of them. I finally manned up and bought good LEDs from Lowes (even dimmable) which ran about 20+ a bulb, but I haven't had any problem yet and they have a 10 year warranty. Plus I've cut my electric bill more than half. They also look a million times better, are brighter, have a much better spread, etc...

I realize these are for a car, but the point is cheap LEDs suck and you shouldn't always trust reviews. Most people review things within a week, before any problems arise, and not many go back and update them to say the stuff sucked.
If I recall, Lowes doesn't sell what's in the link. For LED bulbs in my interior I've spent a premium on interior bulbs and they really make a difference. I've done the dash light LED replacement mentioned here on CI.

If Lowes sold LED strips like the ones in the link then I'd be happy to buy them in store. Unfortunately the only source I could find those particular LED strips was on ebay. I've had that style LED strip on my car before and I don't know the original source because it came with my car when I bought it. Only time will tell if my LED strips are of similar quality. I'm looking into an easily removable adhesive in case I have to remove and rewire the LED strip. I have tested the LED strip before I mounted it to the car and it seems to be holding steady.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Just get some 3M molding tape then. I wasn't telling you to buy the lights at Lowes, I was just giving an example/rant of good vs bad LEDs. I've had good luck with TaoTronics LED strips, they sell them on Amazon. From what I've seen Sylvania's Mosaic strips are the nicest, but I don't think they'd work well on a car, too widely spaced.

Strategist102

Banned
Just get some 3M molding tape then. I wasn't telling you to buy the lights at Lowes, I was just giving an example/rant of good vs bad LEDs. I've had good luck with TaoTronics LED strips, they sell them on Amazon. From what I've seen Sylvania's Mosaic strips are the nicest, but I don't think they'd work well on a car, too widely spaced.
:shock:Totally my bad. I completely misinterpreted the post.

What I meant to say was that I completely agree with your message for buying good LEDs.

The main reason why I'm sticking with the ebay lights is because I like the idea of having those LEDs, in that particular design, on the front of the car. The LEDs are mainly for style. And the reason why I like it is because I'm strongly sentimental for that style choice. The LED strip was on the car when I originally bought it. When I got hit and my car was in the body shop, the insurance would only restore the car to an OEM state so there were a couple of things that were changed on the car. With those LED lights installed, my car almost back to its pre-accident state.

On a side note, I was originally thinking it would be possible to make an LED strip on my own. However, I couldn't find the PVC cover for the LEDs. And I figured that it's a project that would require a bit more skill than I currently possess right now.