Sticky: How to install H-brace

speedin

The Transporter
ok well before i did this i found no articles on how to do it. so i had to guess as i went. well i know some people cant just do it like that. so im going to 1 up t-i making the first how to intall a h-brace article. enjoy!

tools needed:
1 jack
2 jack stands
wd-40 or pb blaser
ratchet
17mm socket
3/4 socket

ok this is what we start with

step 1: jack the car up and put it on jack stands
step 2: remove the 2 bolts in the rear (3/4 socket)

step 3: then just loosen the 2 front bolts (17mm socket)

step 4: use the jack to put pressure under the control arm right beneath bolt. (be shure u only put pressure on the arm and not the arms bracket

step 5: as pressure is on the a-arm remove the bolt, then release the jack
step 6: repeat on the other side
step 7: take your brace and slide the rear under the front sway

step 8: start the rear bolts attaching them to the brace
step 9: now you notice the A-arms are just hanging their, well put the jack back underneath and apply pressure till the a-arms holes align with the bracket
step 10: put the bolt into the hole attaching the h-brace

step 11: ok now u might notice the bolt isnt going anywhere. well u arnt connecting to the threads on the other side just right. you might want to try jacking it up a bit more. u might also have to push (like hell) on the ratchet as you try to tighten it. this should get you started on the threads. This bolt SUCKS to get in. You may also need to twist the arm slightly to get it to align
step 12: repeat on the other bolt
step 13: lower car

!!!!!!FINISHED!!!!!!

also some complain it wont fit a stock cat. huh? what? fits fine on mine. mabye a obd 2 cat is larger. see fits mine :D

Last edited:

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
damm that a good one speedin ...you are forever hooking up your teg !!

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
nice write up i think im gonna order the c pillar bar and h brace sometime at the end of this month of next month

speedin

The Transporter
teggyls said:
nice write up i think im gonna order the c pillar bar and h brace sometime at the end of this month of next month
HAHAHAHA! look at this post. Took him a year to buy the H-brace. Damn man!

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
haha i was in school cut me some slack i had a lil money and lots of bills but the important thing is that i got it now lol

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
btw i still dont have the c pillar bar lol

speedin

The Transporter
My god I totally forgot about this thread. LOL, Look how new my jack was! HAHAHAHAHA, you should see that sucker now...

mohawk42s

i forgot i bought one 4-5 months ago....
i tried to put it on and my skunk2 megapower headers got in the way :(
now im depressed...

95project_GS-R

how much of a difference did you feel in handling with the ebay kit you bought? i was looking at getting it as well haha. so great post

speedin

The Transporter
Made a noticeable difference in stiffness/stability. Felt more solid and predictable. For the $ it made a nice difference.