crank position sensor wiring problem

Jabes

so i picked up a 97 integra motor on sunday to put into my 97 ls, i bought it without a wiring harness on it and figured since i had a obd2a wiring harness laying around from my old motor i wouldnt have any problems.
So today I started plugging in the connections and found out that the connector for the oil pressure sensor on the back of the block was broken, so i had to splice that in and then went to plug in the crank possition sensor right next to the crankshaft pulley and saw that the connector was cut off, so i went over to my other ls motor that had been running fine before i pulled it out of my eg hatch and checked to see if the crankshaft position sensor was hooked up on that motor and it was unhooked too.

I know when I was helping the pull the engine on sunday that the crankshaft positioning sensor was connected but since both of them were disconnected on my previous enignes do i need to splice in a connector to make it work or will the engine run fine with it unhooked?

Jabes

bump

is there a common problem with the crank positioning sensors and thats why they both were unplugged?

Jabes

hmmm checked the link and the problem isnt that my motor doesnt have the sensor next to the crank pulley its that the wire on the engine harness is cut. thanks for the link tho

i think i just need to replace the whole engine harness cause when I looked at it again today I realized that my friend had cut off the injector harness and thatd be a pain to splice in so fml lol

wrx-killer

Are you talking about the pulg that goes to the sensor on the oil pump? If so that the trick to bypass it. If you run a obd1 ecu it does not look for it. Reason one why you can leave it unpluged. The obd2 ecu looks for it.

Jabes

Are you talking about the pulg that goes to the sensor on the oil pump? If so that the trick to bypass it. If you run a obd1 ecu it does not look for it. Reason one why you can leave it unpluged. The obd2 ecu looks for it.
now it all makes sense, my last 2 ls engines were running on obd1 ecus so thats why the sensor on the oil pump was unhooked

thanks for your help

wrx-killer

Np, You had me wondering for a sec, lol. If you need any help feel free to shoot me a pm. or what ever.