How to turn brights into lower output DIY

bradster101

So for a long time I have been getting asked how I get my brights to look like they do

1. Take the bright out of your car

2. Take the metal clip off of the light

3. Cut the positive and negative wire thats going to the bulb
4. Solder the signal bulb to the corresponding wire (+ or -)

5. Wrap them in wire tape to make them more secure

6. Put bulb back in and enjoy the results

I am currently working on a set of brights that have both the color and the bright. That way you dont need to take bulb out to have brights

Last edited:

bradster101

Since im still a noob, what does it change from the stock look?
Instead of having a "bright" like its suppose to, it kinda just glows. Theres more pictures towards the end of my build thread if youd like to see more

Joshmmc

I'd be really interested in doing the mod that you mentioned about running both bulbs. I want my green HID's in my low beam slots, my daytime/high beams in the middle, and some low wattage blues paired with the highs.

bradster101

I'd be really interested in doing the mod that you mentioned about running both bulbs. I want my green HID's in my low beam slots, my daytime/high beams in the middle, and some low wattage blues paired with the highs.
Sounds kinda complicated lol... But after this coming week I will be out of school for a little over a month so hopefully I can get on it :rocker:

Prozon

Kris
I'll add this to the "How To" list.
Good write up.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
What is the purpose of this just wondering. Not tryna bash or anything just curious...I get a lot of use out my high beams..

BeatBox

Real Good!
ah going to try this, hopefully this weekend. thanks for the right up will come back with some results.