A few questions

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Hey everyone, I have been looking at turbos lately and need a lot of info. I have a 1995 teggy Ls that is mostly stock minus small stuff. First off I won't be buying some cheap $500 kit and throw it on there without upgrading anything else. I know I need headstuds, injectors, and a pump otherwise the turbo is just for looks. Now what i need to know is opinions on brands that are good quality without making me eat ramen for the next 6 months lol. And don't run at me with pitchforks, I'm just treading waters to see what is everyone's preference
So whats your opinion on brands, setups, fuel pumps, injectors, piping, all the good stuff.
My budget is around 2k but can go more if I have to. I'd rather wait a while to put it on and get it done right
Oh and im only planning on running max of 250-275 hp. Its a dd but i want more power than 140hp.

Noneed2Hate

I would focus on upgrading your suspension etc before upgrading on power, it's also a little pointless to boost an automatic IMO

Last edited:

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I would focus on upgrading your suspension etc before upgrading on power, it's also a little pointless to boost an automatic IMO
Yeah I'm planning on it and a 5 speed swap is a lot of time and money to put in it. I could buy a 5 speed teggy cheaper than doing the swap
Have you searched?

*hides under table* not a lot

94RS

No fucks given.
Search more on the automatic-thing. Our autos don't like much more power than what it has stock. Other than still being slow as s***, the transmissions tend to commit suicide with boost.

R13

The other asshole
Buy a complete gsr swap with a trans, Upgrade engine while it's out, Drop it in, Install turbo setup, Have it dyno tuned = Profit?

You would also have a s*** a load of LS parts you could probably sell for $500. :lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I've mentioned this before but at the shop I worked at we boosted two civics; one with a d16 and one with an LS swap. Both autos, and both "tuned" using only an fpr. Was it the proper way, eh prob not, but the one guy put 60k plus miles on it with zero issues and the other at least 30k I know of. What probably made the difference is they were both smart owners who drove them with the utmost care. They didn't launch them, downshift, give them a lot of gas at low rpms, etc. Again very careful drivers but they were very happy with the cars and the cars were pretty quick, a lot better than stock. One was a turbonetics bolt on kit and the other was some other kit.

Noneed2Hate

Yeah I'm planning on it and a 5 speed swap is a lot of time and money to put in it. I could buy a 5 speed teggy cheaper than doing the swap

*hides under table* not a lot
true, but if you do the swap, then you know exactly what is going into it, and can take the opportunity to put in the good stuff from the get go.

Buy a complete gsr swap with a trans, Upgrade engine while it's out, Drop it in, Install turbo setup, Have it dyno tuned = Profit?

You would also have a s*** a load of LS parts you could probably sell for $500. :lol:
this x2

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast

Yeah I'm looking at a wrecked 98 gsr but he wants $1200. Trying to buy it for $800 for the motor, trans, and seats but idk if its worth it or just pay $2500 for a decent factory gsr.