Engine idles at 3000+

white93integra

I recently got a 93 integra ls. The engine seems to run fine when I first start it and drive it for a while. But, when the engine gets hot and I have driven for like 45 minutes or so the engines idle stays at 3000. This even happens when I drive for like 20 minutes then go to the store or something them come back. I dont know what to do anymore I am burning through gas like crazy can anybody help?

streetracer_805

Check for air leaks around intake manifald or sticky butterfly a tps senser could do that also have you checked the codes and see if you have a code. When I swaped my 89 crx motor to a gsr my engine light never came on but when I checked the coeds it hade one for my o2 senser. If you don't know how its realy easy k go to the inside pass side of the car and right below the glovebox on the rightside ther is a wire with two wire in it I think its a blue plug k get a paperclip and bend it in a u shap then push it in and turn the car to run but motor off and the engine light should start flashing count the flashs. 1 short is one 1 long is ten so like 1 long and 1 fast close together is number 10 code

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Sounds like some sort of a weird vacuum leak. Try getting some propane and blowing the gas around specific areas like the intake manifold. If you hear an increase in rpms, suspect that to be the gasket or w/e at fault. -Aaron

white93integra

I will go ahead and try all of these and let you guys know. It's real weird it feels like the cruise control is engaged even when im stopped the pedal is down.

Last edited:

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Oh, the pedal is down? Check the cable from the pedal to the TB. Take off the intake at the TB and see just how dirty the valve is in there. Grease that cable as well.

Prozon

Kris
Well you could take your intake hose off and look into your throttle body. If the plate is completely closed your cable is adjusted fine.

white93integra

i looked over a few things and noticed two things a hose on the manifold is not attached I have no idea where it goes (looked at the vaccum diagram, no help) and im pretty sure there is supposed to be a screw on the oem fuel pressure regulator. Theres not

Prozon

Kris
I don't believe there is a screw on the fuel pressure regulator.

Take a picture of which hose it is and we can help you tell where it goes. Probably the source of your high idle, plug it with the car running and I'll bet the idle will go down. If the hose is somewhere in the center of the manifold it could be your PCV hose. If that's the case it goes through a hole on the manifold and down into the little black box on the back of the engine.

Good luck.