98-01 conversion questions.

dc2calvin

so im converting from a 94 gs-r to a 98-01 body and i was wondering if the doors would be the same if i took the moldings off and plastic welded the holes

osiris19

Wut. The only thing that is differenclt are the front and rear bumpers and headlights.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

osiris19

I figured those would be given. Body wise, the bumpers are the only thing. The mirrors are different?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The mirrors were changed for the 96 year model. That's why a lot of people refer to them as "OBD2 mirrors", although it has nothing to do with OBD. It's just an easy way to differentiate since the change didn't occur during the 98+ restyling.

Last edited:

dc2calvin

I think you guys misunderstood me. I wanted to know if 94 doors are the same as 98 after you take out that door trim and plastic welded the holes.

94RS

No fucks given.
Nope... They spent a ton of money to redesign the doors on a car that stayed basically the same through it's life.....

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I think you guys misunderstood me. I wanted to know if 94 doors are the same as 98 after you take out that door trim and plastic welded the holes.
They all have the same doors and side moldings. The only ones that didn't have the side molding was the Type R

R13

The other asshole
The doors are the same, You will have no problems.

I'm still curious as to why the new body, Unless it's an itr body for the stitch welding.

Sent from my toaster