Questions about G1 E-Brake and Windshield washer squirter

Tayu

Heyo!!!!

Alright, I've got a few questions for you, gentlemen. 1989 RS 5speed 3-door we're talking about here.

1) The parking brake in the car is weak, occasionally. It doesn't hold well on inclines, sometimes makes a lot of noise after engagement as well. I've read around that this kind of thing usually only requires and adjustment, not a replacement. Thoughts?

2) The windshield sprayer worked when I got the car, but now doesn't want to spray anything. The wiper fluid is full, and the rear sprayer does spray, but the front two do not. Ideas??

Hmmm.. .. . I thought I had more but I'll have to check later on. . . .thanks!!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Heyo!!!!

Alright, I've got a few questions for you, gentlemen. 1989 RS 5speed 3-door we're talking about here.

1) The parking brake in the car is weak, occasionally. It doesn't hold well on inclines, sometimes makes a lot of noise after engagement as well. I've read around that this kind of thing usually only requires and adjustment, not a replacement. Thoughts?

2) The windshield sprayer worked when I got the car, but now doesn't want to spray anything. The wiper fluid is full, and the rear sprayer does spray, but the front two do not. Ideas??

Hmmm.. .. . I thought I had more but I'll have to check later on. . . .thanks!!
First and foremost, welcome to CI! To answer your questions:

1) Your e-brake definitely needs to be re tightened.

2) Check the hoses if they're all connected.

heykosal

Angkorian
^^and check and see if theyre clogged. my front sprayers work but my rear ones dont work. it kinda just drips lol i think the line is clogged but i dont know where!! i might try running some hot water though dunno if thats a good idea.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'm glad mine still work. They come in handy. The windshield gets dirty quick and I like to spray assholes on the freeway when they're on my ass.

heykosal

Angkorian
4 doors have rear wipers?

lol and thats funny because my old Saturn's spray used to go right over the top!!!