Official DSLR Photography Thread

treeafodo

Austin
I have a Lexar platinum 2 64gb SD XC card that it got an amazing deal on a around Christmas time. I think I paid just under $40 for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Just curious. What memory cards do you guys run? I was running an 8GB Sony class 10 SD HC and I noticed it had a speed of 94 MB/S. While out tonight I picked up a 32GB PNY class 10 SD HC but... It only has a speed of 50 MB/S. I want to try it out tomorrow but I'm thinking about taking the sony just in case and deleting duplicate pics or ones that came out crappy to free up space. I read that the speed of the memory card can effect camera performance. I wonder how good this PNY one will be
I use Sandisk Extreme for my camera, no video. It's 60mb/s, really I could get away with 45mb/s but the price difference was minimal. Unless your shooting uncompressed HD video I don't see a point to 94mb/s, most consumer level cameras have small buffers anyway so it won't matter how fast your card is, the camera can't keep up. I also recommend getting multiple smaller cards compared to one large card, it's safer for many reasons. I'll have two 8gb in the camera and another two in my bag when I go out.

whitedc4

The memory card I use is like 28mbps class 10 something something extreme. It was like 25 off eBay or Amazon and I use it for recording track times for our videos of the yellow bullet and it's never missed a best. Don't ask me how lol it

XjoEnX

Great shots of the fireworks Rach :thumbs up

I haven't posted anything for awhile now:

These were shot on my DSLR but I thought I'd come up with a new but simple style to really highlight cars on photoshop:

Some light painting:

And here's some random pics:

The planter ruins the composition on this one but I really like how my nephew looks here

96LSteg

Jemel
The last 2 of the GTO are awesome Joe! I should post my pics of that bug i shot with my iPhone in the point and shoot thread