Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Is the Buell exhaust purposely designed to blow at the rear tire to help keep it heated? looks like most of the modern ones are like that. I do love me some undertail exhaust though

R13

The other asshole
Why in the fuck did they do that to that poor monster...

Undertail keeps your ass warm when it's cold. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Is the Buell exhaust purposely designed to blow at the rear tire to help keep it heated?

They don't blow at the rear tire.

They're mounted underneath on all the bikes for weight distribution purposes, but the tips are offset so they don't heat up your tire. The last thing you want is a super hot rear tire.

Tube frame

XB

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Couldve sworn there was one that was aimed at the tire. Compared to side or undertail exhausts at least, seems like it'd be hotter in the general area

R13

The other asshole
The wind will blow the exhaust clear before it ever has a chance to affect anything.

I'm sure if you were sitting still for a long period of time general temps would be a little higher as compared to one that's clean and clear from underneath the bike, but then you have to consider that the majority of bikes, especially inlines have the header run under the engine which would put off wayyy more heat than the XB's muffler.

94RS

No fucks given.
Couldve sworn there was one that was aimed at the tire. Compared to side or undertail exhausts at least, seems like it'd be hotter in the general area

Probably thinking of the Blast.

Which sits much farther up than the XB's muffler.

Most likely wouldn't cause any problems due to the wind effect kert was talking about. Plus it doesn't make enough power to cause any real problems anyway :lol: The aftermarket pipes, which are pretty much needed on a Blast, have angled tips.

R13

The other asshole
I should buy a panigale and replace the forks with zx10r forks from eBay or some shit so I can have this without the bullshit fork coating problem. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
If you're gonna throw that much money at a bike, find an 1125, swap the electrics, and put an 1190 big bore on.

Then convert to a Firebolt fairing :mrgreen:

R13

The other asshole
I don't wanna fuck with engine shit. :lol:

A fork swap is also a lot easier than fairings.

...I'd also just rather have a 12r :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
The fairing is like 6 Allen bolts, 4 lock nuts, and another 4(?) bolts for the fairing bracket :lol:

But yes, the Firebolt will be much cheaper and easier to find than a Duc :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I think I could find a panigale a little easier than specifically a 2009 black firebolt. :lol:

But the bolt would still be much cheaper.

94RS

No fucks given.
Could always have the frame and swingarm of an 04-08 bike repainted or wrapped... Picky bastard :lol: