Missing Sun Roof Button on Newly Purchased GSR

omegaZ87

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and joined because I just bought an Integra this past summer because I've been in love with that car since the day I first saw one in grade school.

So I noticed that it is missing the button for the sun roof, which makes it completely non-functional. I was wondering if simply buying a new button would fix the issue. Inside the hole slot where it should be I can see some white plastic and copper looking material. Sorry I don't have a pic, i'll try to get one later.

I was thinking of just buying this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-2001-Acura-Integra-OEM-Sunroof-Sun-Roof-Moonroof-Switch-Button-w-Pigtail-/321528674144?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4adc9a3760&vxp=mtr

What advice to the experts here have?

Nick_C78

What is your question? You are missing the button, found the button, and know where the button goes. What exactly is the issue? Buy it and put it in.

DB7ish

Might fix the issue, it might not. You can install the button and try, if it doesn't work it might be something else (wiring, motor, etc). There's should be a way to test before buying the button though (shorting the motor wires together or resistant and voltage testing?). You could probably check local junkyard or part outs on craigslist for the sunroof button instead of ordering one.

Nick_C78

Thread is several months old sir. Also he will need to buy a button regardless, soooo trouble shooting the wires first isn't saving any money, but yes he could test the plug if its hot and even hotwire the plug to make it open and close, but why bother.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Just use the hand crank you lazy bitches.

DB7ish

^lol.

Well, I know a few people that wouldn't bother looking for a switch for something if they knew it didn't work, so I thought he might just want to troubleshoot it first.

Noneed2Hate

^lol.

Well, I know a few people that wouldn't bother looking for a switch for something if they knew it didn't work, so I thought he might just want to troubleshoot it first.
what? So they shouldn't purchase something that they'll need anyway? Troubleshooting should go first from simple solutions to complex in this case plugging the wires into a new switch and then trying it out.

DB7ish

No, type of people I'm talking about would just not worry about using it as long as its closed right. Sunroof isn't much of a necessity any ways.

Noneed2Hate

No, type of people I'm talking about would just not worry about using it as long as its closed right. Sunroof isn't much of a necessity any ways.
It is if you want to raise it so your ride looks super fresh for the pictures you take :p