B18a1 Help!

rivero

hi i'm new here! i ave a integra da9 gs-r, i was borken mi B17A1, and i can't found another, well, i bought a B18A1 engine, and this have a problem, i do not know why!!!!

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
hi i'm new here! i ave a integra da9 gs-r, i was borken mi B17A1, and i can't found another, well, i bought a B18A1 engine, and this have a problem, i do not know why!!!!
first off, you don't have a DA9 GS-R. If it is a GS-R, it is a DB2.

The B18A1 is clearly not the same engine.
The B17A1 is vtec, based off of a B16 (B17 is just a stroked B16).
The B18A1 is NOT vtec.

I can't even begin to imagine what your problem is, due to the language barrier, but I'll make an attempt. If you bought an entire engine, but are attempting to reuse your stock ECU (computer) then it won't run right. If the B18 is from a 90-91, then it isn't classified in the same OBD category. 90-91's are OBD-0. Where as anything after 92-93 is OBD1. another possible problem you've run into.

we are going to need a bit more info to thoroughly help you out. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but perhaps if you had a friend who spoke a little better english type up your post for you.

There are maybe 3 people on this site who know as much about G2's as me, lol, and any of us would be glad to help you out. We just need more info, etc.

rivero

first off, you don't have a DA9 GS-R. If it is a GS-R, it is a DB2.

The B18A1 is clearly not the same engine.
The B17A1 is vtec, based off of a B16 (B17 is just a stroked B16).
The B18A1 is NOT vtec.

I can't even begin to imagine what your problem is, due to the language barrier, but I'll make an attempt. If you bought an entire engine, but are attempting to reuse your stock ECU (computer) then it won't run right. If the B18 is from a 90-91, then it isn't classified in the same OBD category. 90-91's are OBD-0. Where as anything after 92-93 is OBD1. another possible problem you've run into.

we are going to need a bit more info to thoroughly help you out. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but perhaps if you had a friend who spoke a little better english type up your post for you.

There are maybe 3 people on this site who know as much about G2's as me, lol, and any of us would be glad to help you out. We just need more info, etc.

hello, thanks fot u help! mi car its a acura integra, 1992 gs-r, that had a b17a1 engine, right now i change it, i bought a b18a1 engine, that has a lot of problem, i dont know what to do!!! i'm using mi stock ECU and harnes wire. the engine start good and fast, but cant run normally, i'm usin my b17a1 distribuitor. what can i do??? i dont know speak english! sorry!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
b17 distributor wont work normally on a b18
b17 ecu wont work on a b18