Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

Anyone interested in purchasing a fpr hood?? Will be made from a mold of my hood. Will require hood pins (which you should run anyways)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

will be picking this bad boy up tonight. Think I will mount it Sunday.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
so i guess here are some pictures since im doing nothing at work anyways

this was all done at evil genius racing in west sacramento. John paegel is the owner and he is the one who did my back half. It is a standard back half, with an x brace. If we compare it to an autopower:

its basically the same thing, i think the tubing is the same, although the thickness i chose may have been a bit thicker. I went with a 1.75" x 0.120" dom tubing size. Its legal to run a 1.5" tube, but when i saw that size tubing in a 240sx it didnt look big enough, even visually on the egr rollbars for miatas which use 1.5" it didnt look big. The benefits of a 1.5" is you can bend it easier, and its strong too. but, personally i dont think i will expand the back half. So, 1.75" is fine enough.

through the trunk

thanks patrick for letting me borrow the lower m brace element. Its really just a typical back half with extra bracing.

this is through the passenger door. John left it up to me to clean up the welds, i think im going to keep them like that.

mirror
hah!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Guess ill do one giant update:

Picked up my hood from Car and Bike Moto in Vallejo CA. Al does all my body work for this car. Great job by these guys.

September and October i did some testing at Thunderhill Raceway and had what i thought to be a failing rack and pinion. The car failed to steer out of turn 1 correctly essentially keeping me to the inside of the corner exit.I did happen to PB the session prior. Im kind of bummed i had to end the day early.

[YOUTUBE="Steering Fail"]0jqWjrNQZ2Y[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Thunderhill PB"]hByKW-B7eJs[/YOUTUBE]

New tie rods were installed and we took the car down to Buttonwillow for Speed SF's black friday track day which has become a tradition between my friends and I. Took me a while to get my head in the game, i qualified in the time attack in the middle of the 2nd group with a 2:09.xxx. The car felt wonkey all morning and couldnt dial it in. Pulled a 2:05 which was allegedly good enough for 3rd in class (I was DQd for stuff...oops! - no good deed goes unpunished).Justin pulled a 1:59.xxx in my car several times that day.

Steering failed again on Justin as he was setting a fast lap in the car, car pulled him left as he was exiting the esses. Barely made it to pit in. Elton Lo from Raceline USA helped us diagnose the problem as an axle problem., We replaced with some OEM remans from Honda and upon removal the driver side axle was basically seized at the joint. I couldnt move it by hand at all.

December I worked the 25 hours of thunderhill with ART racing which was comprised of members of Kontrolle Engineering and Cameron Racing. This was a rookie team where most members had not even attended a 25 hour race ever. We entered a Spec E46 in full SE46 trim with the addition of endurance mods ie light bars, headlights, defroster etc. We finished 4th in class and had minor set backs.

Thanks to Justin and Rob at Wine Country Motorsports, I was able to purchase a new halo seat from Cobra. Im a big fan of Recaro seats and think the SPG is one of the best seats avalible, however, Recaro seats do not work with the HANS device quite as well as everyone thinks. The Recaro SPG and Recaro Hans seats require a Hans 30 degree instead of a 20 degree which is used by probably everyone in our types of cars. I went with a Cobra because 1) it protected Justin when he hit the wall at Laguna Seca earlier this year, 2) its kevlar instead of FPR 3) looks good 4)hollow halo.

Prepping for future projects with my car - Im hoping to have some updates done to the car before the first half of the year is done.

Aligned my car and dialed in the seat a little bit per recommendation from the guys at Kontrolle Engineering. We had to fab up a new bolt for the rails since one was stripped out.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Glad to see you're still going with everything.
oh yeah still going strong. I will admit i got burnt out last year working NASA events and running my own campaign. Im taking more of a laid back approach this year. Working NASA events and just doing whatever events i feel like. Next year im going for my NASA license.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
hope to see you at the track again soon brotha. Next month all I'm doing is Streets of Willow April 1st then Big Willow on the 16th. LETS GO!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Updates? We need to see what real cars have going on these days.
lol the other car is still a secret

roll bar out of my green car and will be put into the new shell

new cage added by Clint at Kontrolle Engineering

This is a TT legal cage and has 2 tie ins to the rocker pannel. This cage is massive. Total race weight for a TT session with driver comes in at 2400lbs and we will be shaving more off that. We're looking for a tech weight of 2300lbs if possible with driver. That weight might come when we switch chassis.