Cleaning headlights with brake fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsgb

Ya i have a new set of lights on order the meaning of this post was i have always heard use brake fluid so since im getting new lights thought id try it you dont have to do it if ur not careful yes deff damaging to ur paint but i just wanted to show that wow it actually worked i didnt think it would

Prozon

Kris
No sense buying new lights. If it worked for you, well more power to you. Chances are it will haze up in a bit though, might just be easier to buff it up and use a legit cleaning product.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i just use a polishing compund whenever my headlights start looking a bit dull.

the proper way to restore headlights is to wetsand with 2000 grit, clearcoat spray, let dry, wetsand with 2000 lightly, clear again, wetsand with 2000, buff and polish to smothen it out. put as many layers of clear a youd like. after this, itll last or quite some time.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
the proper way to restore headlights is to wetsand with 2000 grit, clearcoat spray, let dry, wetsand with 2000 lightly, clear again, wetsand with 2000, buff and polish to smothen it out. put as many layers of clear a youd like. after this, itll last or quite some time.
thx coy, gonna give me something to do since my OEMs are off :thumbs up

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
funny, I was about to brush my teeth right now.. no, really, I'm in the bathroom even. why would I put something I put in my mouth on my car? I guess it could eat through SOME stuff....

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
Toothpaste works too. Hood rich.
this is true. the same "grit" in the toothpaste to remove the plaque off of teeth with help smooth out the lense.

+ rep for ghetto fab facts! <3

eiznekeM

Ya i have a new set of lights on order the meaning of this post was i have always heard use brake fluid so since im getting new lights thought id try it you dont have to do it if ur not careful yes deff damaging to ur paint but i just wanted to show that wow it actually worked i didnt think it would
Are they on order cause you fucked your first set?

speedin

The Transporter
For people looking for a way to keep freshly polished lenses clear without clear coating like Coy mentioned try this http://www.invisiblemask.com/bulkfilm.html

The stuff works great, I have a large portion of my car covered in it. And for the headlights its perfect, just polish them well and apply this film. The film actually makes them look even better then just polished, and they wont yellow on you again in two weeks.

dsgb

Well 2 weeks now in the georgia heat and no fading new lights will be here shortly gna put the old ones in the yard and see how long it takes to fade no i didnt buy new ones cuz i fucked up the old ones! I want black inset lights and it aint like i effin globbed fluid on my shit asshole i did it legit u just mad cuz u wrong fag

Status
Not open for further replies.