Brake/Wheel bearing noise?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
oh and auto zone sells the wheel bearing puller in the socket section its like a 66.5mm socket or something and you use that to hammer it out

ninjaLS

Automatics SUCK! :[
Alright thanks again man(and everyone else that replied). I'll pm Dave right now. Is it safe to drive though?

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah i did. i raced with bad wheel bearings. but changing it is a ASAP kind of thing

ninjaLS

Alright so a bit of an update, got my new wheel bearings in that I got from Dave(spooledupracing :thumbs up) and also replaced the tie rod ends. After a week of not being able to drive my car, drove it, and... still the same damn noise. So I figure, It's gotta be the brakes then. I had new pads for the front already decided that I was gonna need new rotors. I ordered some from Tuner Sports, delivered yesterday, installed today. Took it for a test drive, no noise... then, it started again. So, I'm really frustrated now, I'm determined to fix the damn noise! So I know I can get OEM replacement or upgrade. Obviously the most baller/best thing to do is get some Spoon/Brembo or Wilwood calipers but I don't really have a grand to drop on calipers. So my question is, is there a mid level upgrade? Better than OEM but not as expensive as Spoon or Brembos? Sorry for the long explanation just very VERY frustrated. :???:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
check your pads to see if you have uneven wear or fucked up rotors. Also push back the heat shield some to give it space and zip tie back your brake lines if you have SS lines

ninjaLS

weird is right. My uncle checked everything out,didn't mention anything about the axles.
My guess is the piston in the caliper isnt releasing all the way so the pads are slightly touching the rotors causing the sound? That's all I can come up with. Oh! and when I get out of the car I can smell the brakes like burnt? But I'm not sure if thats because they're new.

dc2darkness

sometimes theres a coating on new rotors that have to be burned off you could be smelling that but I would try as samurai blue suggested check the heat sheild behind the rotor and make sure its not rubbing on the rotor that very well could be your noise.

IntegraUA

Hey man i dont wanna scare you or anything but when differential is going out it WILL make noise...
Does noise changes if your in gear or in neutral???
Just last week i got Mazda Miata in my shop with grinding/ sometimes high pitch noise... and what i found was that differential gone bad no fluid and full of metal pieces... i sounded alot like bad wheel bearing
recheck your gear oil level

Last edited:
Alright so this noise has been bugging me for a while now, but it's starting to get worse. I'm pretty sure I know what brake squeaking sounds like and this isn't it. Even under braking the noise is still there, it's like a grinding type of noise. I've check my brake pads several times and they're not worn out or unevenly worn. Anyone have this problem or something similar before? Does anyone else think it's the wheel bearing? or even the axle nut? I'm really clueless. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Okay. Is that noise constant or not? I mean does it come and go? Or if you speed up your vehicle does the noise increase?