help with timing belt and water pump

Wheeles187

okay when i got my car i got it done at 92k miles. and my girlfriends 95 ls is at 188k miles. and i know it was done but should we get it done again? and if so could i do it my self and how hard would it be? because $600 is alot to get it done. and if i was to do it myself what do i all need to get? cam seals, timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, what else?

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
id go ahead if you havent already and switch to honda blue coolant. its pretty involved. you gotta remove driver side tire, valve cover, the belts, timing cover, timing belt, water pump. and then put it all back together without putting your car out of time. took me and a buddy almost four hours not including smoke breaks and gas station runs. and when you get the valve cover gasket get the the kit. with spark plugs gaskets and all that. i didnt do my cam seals like i should have but you can go ahead and do that to. oh and id get brake cleaner to get all the extra coolant off cuz its not good to let it get on your belts.

Last edited:

wite2nr

you should replace the tensioner whenever you do a timing belt/water pump as well. if you have any mechanical experience and know how to read a manual you should be able to do it.