Ted's Owner is back in the Honda game -- Nick's '95 Integra LS hatchback

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Lol, that is true that was a subconscious thought.

But Nick has been through two vehicles and its always when the car is getting somewhere.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Charly[horse];1366791 said:
Now don't go and decide to sell it all of a sudden :p
Not gonna happen. Lol.
You spent 14 dollars on an oil filter....?
It's the best oil filter I've ever used so I'm sticking with it. It's a little expensive, but it works.
If you're going to bypass the abs, might as well take it out.
Weight reduction yo.
Maybe eventually. If I take it out, I want to do the RS lines and a proportioning valve, which is a lot of work.

Ted's Owner

Work is part of the fun.
This is true. The money needed to do the work isn't the fun part, though.
---
I went ahead and put my brother's old HID ballasts and 5k bulbs in the low beams of my car for now. I'll be posting install pics and other pics when my 6k bulbs come in.

Ted's Owner

Updates.
I FINALLY gave poor Alice a much needed oil change. These hour crunches at work have made maintenance tricky. 4,600 miles on oil is too much.

A few days ago, I went ahead and pulled all of the carpet out of the trunk, only to reveal that the seat backs of my rear seats were rusted and nasty. So, I fixed that. They're now Rust-Oleum Hammered silver with khaki and green splatter paint.

Ted's Owner

Sorry with the inconsistent updates. Life has been busy lately.
I got my 6k HID bulbs in a few days ago, and I gotta say; I like what I see.
Here's the pics.

Bulbs - HDE 35-watt 9006 6,000k

Ballast installation (the ballasts are circled in orange. - DDM Tuning 35-watt slim ballasts

Final product

I'm very happy with the results, but I dislike not having high beams. When I blacked out the high beam lenses, it went too dark, so I'll probably get new housings in the future.

Ted's Owner

More updates.

This happened a few weeks ago. The bulb is on because I bypassed my abs module and haven't had a chance to shut the light off.

I got some exhaust tips for free from a friend, so I polished em' up and I'm going to give them to another friend for his girlfriend's VIP Accord build.

My truck after stripping a majority of the sound deadening out of it.

The sound deadening. Probably 5-10 lbs. worth.

The trunk after it had been vacuumed, sanded, hand washed, vacuumed again, and toweled off.

I pulled the brace from behind the rear seats above the fuel tank and painted it with a base coat of yellow.

I ran out of tape, so I had to run to the store and get some more. Then, I taped the trunk off.

Primered trunk.

Trunk with base coat. Grey and white speckle with gunmetal splatter paint.

Pulled the tape off.

Finished the brace. Went a little hood rat style with it.

Supplies used. Lol.

Finished product. :)

The exhaust tips I polished and a cut B18a1 valve cover I need to re-finish.

I also re-planned my suspension. Again. I'll probably start ordering parts for that soon.
EDIT: Missed a pic. It's up now.

Last edited:

osiris19

I used bedliner on my trunk. No more rust and it looks good and I'd durable. Also, don't know if you know this, but be prepared to smell paint for like the next week.

Ted's Owner

I used bedliner on my trunk. No more rust and it looks good and I'd durable. Also, don't know if you know this, but be prepared to smell paint for like the next week.
I knew that. It was that way when I painted the seat backs. Lol.