02 type s clutch and misc questions.

jonny801

The shop wanted my left testicle to replace my clutch. 190k miles supposedly mostly highway. So I have the tranny off and the clutch out. Whats the easiest way to clean this thing? I noticed a bad cv passenger side so im also doing that while its down. The driver side feels tight but should I replace it anyway while its down and open. Is there anything else that I should be doing? Now what kind of clutch for light mods and aggressive driving? How many miles to break in? I think im going to get a stage 1 excedy. Can I just resurface the oem flywheel or will I also have to swap that? Will I have to screw with timing at all? Will I habe to mess with the clutch pedal at all since its supposed to be self adjusting for wear? Im also getting new wheels tomorrow. What are the differences performance wise 17" vs 18" rims? If any. Thanks im picking up parts tomorrow so sorry if theres a million questions.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I've heard that the Exedy oe replacement clutches are nice and no, you won't mess with timing at all lol.

jonny801

I know engine basics. I mean i got the clutch out. Timing and transmissions are a mystical land of little pricks that steal your cash. I think im gonna get the exedy stage 1. But do I have to replace the stock flywheel too?

zack11122

You can resurface it. And leave the driver side axle. I answered all your questions. Then it wouldn't send my post so I gave up :lol:

zack11122

Clutch pedal should be fine. I didn't mess with mine when I did the clutch in the integra. The directions with the clutch should tell you about break in

jonny801

Thanks. I just dont want to screw anything up when im putting it all back together. I havent been able to drive it since june. My other car is 01 prelude base. So it hasnt been that bad. But I have missed my rsx. Because it is so much faster. And just a better looking car. The lude handles better but thats about it.

jonny801

Oh ya I dropped it. Also forgot to unbolt my abs sensors when I did. Im gonna splice the drivers side but the passenger side wire pulled from the sensor. So thats 130 bucks for another sensor. The sub frame was actually pretty simple to drop. I was actually suprised that the clutch wasnt half as difficult as it sounded.

zack11122

Yeah you'll need an alignment. Working on these cars are easy. Make sure you torque the clutch and flywheel.