Someone tried to jack my teg.

BlackAcura

Hey guys... I couldn't believe i, last Friday at around 4:00pm someone tried to jack my teg from my work :evil: . A co-worker of mine leaves a half hour before everyone else, and he heard my alarm go off. He saw someone screwing around with my ride, and started heading towards them.... and they took off in another car. Anyways the thief had gone in through the wheel well on the drivers side and pulled out the cable to pop my hood... he then had cut my negative battery cable to shut the alarm off. He also had managed to jimmy my door open before taking off. So now I'm getting the compu-star page back alarm installed... and I also picked up a club. I would have been pissed to see my teg stolen when I have justed done the B18C swap myself... all those hours of work would have felt wasted. I also relocated my battery to the trunk... a surprise if they try again. Just wondering if anyone has relocated the cable for the hood release through a different route that works... and if it was difficult to do. Anyone else have storys about their teg trying to get jacked or have been jacked?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Damn, that was a close one, huh?! Too bad your bud couldn't get their licence plate number.
I have heard about people relocating the hood release cable, because it is a well known method of how scumbag theives open your hood. I haven't done it to my car, but maybe I'll get on it and do it up this spring because the hood pin for my alarm has gone bad AGAIN, and if my hood was popped right now with the alarm set, it wouldn't go off unless the motion sensor picks up the movement of the hood and/or said scumbags. I have my shock sensor truned off because it was always falsing.

BuddhazWisdom

LS POWA
BlackAcura said:
Hey guys... I couldn't believe i, last Friday at around 4:00pm someone tried to jack my teg from my work :evil: . A co-worker of mine leaves a half hour before everyone else, and he heard my alarm go off. He saw someone screwing around with my ride, and started heading towards them.... and they took off in another car. Anyways the thief had gone in through the wheel well on the drivers side and pulled out the cable to pop my hood... he then had cut my negative battery cable to shut the alarm off. He also had managed to jimmy my door open before taking off. So now I'm getting the compu-star page back alarm installed... and I also picked up a club. I would have been pissed to see my teg stolen when I have justed done the B18C swap myself... all those hours of work would have felt wasted. I also relocated my battery to the trunk... a surprise if they try again. Just wondering if anyone has relocated the cable for the hood release through a different route that works... and if it was difficult to do. Anyone else have storys about their teg trying to get jacked or have been jacked?
that is the cheapest way to obtain a car that people put so much time in too... :evil: man if someone tried to steal mine...they would have a 12 gauge in the azz :lol:

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
ive relocated my hood release cable on my car. pretty much you disconnect it from the lever inside the car, pull it back til youve got it all out except for the part on the radiator support. then drill a hole in your firewall (thats what i did, im not sure if you can route it through a hole already there) and stuff it through and reattach it to the lever.

zameer77

wow...same thing happened to me. the guy who lives upstairs told me he heard my alarm go off at night and when he opened the front door, the guys got in their car and drove off. the next morning, i checked the car and didn't see any damage or anything wrong...until i started to drive and heard a grinding sound. i got out to see what was up and the front driver's side wheel well had been pulled down. when i read your post i finally figured out what they were trying to get at! really pisses me off... :evil:

CHILD

all day all JDM
dayum this is some good info to hear....I think im gonna run that fuel cut off and relocate the hood release.
Better safe than sorry right?:)

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
CHILD said:
dayum this is some good info to hear....I think im gonna run that fuel cut off and relocate the hood release.
Better safe than sorry right?:)

yo the hood relocate is mad easy .. took me 30 minutes ... as far as the fule cut off .. i almost finished it but i got lazt so i am going to finish it tommrow morning ..plus i hate rushing and it got dark out .. :)