Clutch Sound?

wallythewhale

okay, so i was driving home yesterday from playing some bball. i was pretty tired and i got lazy of shifting for a moment. i got into 4th gear and heard a grinding sound. i was like, snaps! it's my tranny. of course. but then, this piece of cork broke from somewhere and i got hecka scared! i think it was attached to the clutch. anyone knows what it is? it's like a cork! freakin thing looked like it was broken or something. help me if you can. thanks!

bluelightning

well first i know that there is no way that a piece of the clutch can just fly off like u explained the clutch is encased in metal and its basically sealed so water can't get to it and if water can't get in nothin can get out.

sleeperintegra

the grinding sound happens when you don't press the clutch in all the way. it happens. i do it from first to second all the time. its embarressing. as far as the cork thing goes, no idea.

bluelightning

could be ur gears if you think that this is a clutch problem contact this guy jeffb@importlifestyle.com he has the best deals on stage clutches that i've seen he's based out of cali.

wallythewhale

thanks for the recommendations guys. but it looks like a spring. you know? a little one. it's been almost a week now and my clutch isn't bad at all. i don't know what the heck that thing is. i think i should take it to honda, where my bro works, and let him check it out. maybe this isn't a problem for the average street racer. thanks anyways guys.

p.s.
grinding on 1st and 2nd all the time? dayem! haha. you must be burning up your clutch and killing your tranny ey:p