Get a B17a1, or rebuild my B18a?

jojo_DA9

i found this site that sells remanufactured engines, and it has a B17A1 engine, but would it be worth it? or would I be better off with the non-vtec engine and build that. The only reason why i would want the B17A1 is beacause it's the motor from the 92-93 GS-R, which is rare from what I understand. :thumbs up

Todd

token ex-mod
they are good motors, i have a friend who's running 13's with his, i say if you can get a good deal on it go for it... but ask for compressiion numbers and if they dead a leak down after the rebuild... make sure they did it right and tested the product, if not you may end up getting screwed

mist3r Lin

It's much harder to find parts for a motor that is practically outdated and non-existent to the world.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Its not to hard to find parts, i think they use most of the b16 parts. I would buy one of those bitches.

Gigarange

a b17a1 is basically a stroked b16 with better rod - stroke ratio and one of the best OEM honda cranks ever made.

most of the b18c5/r and b16 top end stuff bolts on, all b-series exhaust manifolds use the same bolt patter, and all b-series (excluding the b20) have the same sized pistons.

so not to sure why you find it so hard to find parts for it and why you think it's outdated *shrug*

KaosTheory

DSMER
most of you are fucking crack heads, while me actually owning a B-17, can tell you that they are almost as good as a B-18.but now i have recently dropped in a JDM B-18 that i imported, the reason why i changed motors, was because the B-17 had blown rings due to the bottle..But any of you dumbass's that say that there are no parts for it are crackheads, all B-series motors have interchangable parts.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
KaosTheory said:
most of you are fucking crack heads, while me actually owning a B-17, can tell you that they are almost as good as a B-18.but now i have recently dropped in a JDM B-18 that i imported, the reason why i changed motors, was because the B-17 had blown rings due to the bottle..But any of you dumbass's that say that there are no parts for it are crackheads, all B-series motors have interchangable parts.

DAM NO NEED TO BE RUDE ... :twisted:

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
DJNAS said:
DAM NO NEED TO BE RUDE ... :twisted:
hes just trying to prove that he knows something. and judging by the posts hes made here before, he thinks he does, but he actually doesnt

KaosTheory

DSMER
Eviloliv3 said:
hes just trying to prove that he knows something. and judging by the posts hes made here before, he thinks he does, but he actually doesnt
and hw is that?
all B-series motors have interchangeble parts excluding the B-20.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
you mean INCLUDING the B20. the only parts on a B20 that dont fit on others is the pistons, for obvious reasons

KaosTheory

DSMER
Eviloliv3 said:
you mean INCLUDING the B20. the only parts on a B20 that dont fit on others is the pistons, for obvious reasons
no dude you cant take cams outta a B-20 and put it in a B-18, the configuration is way outta paportion.

Baldy201

the B20 cams will fit into the B18b engine not the B18c. Kaos you have to specify which B18 you are talking about. The B18b is the LS engine that is the same basic engine as the B20.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
the B18B and B20 heads are the exact same.. the P75 head. same cams, same valves, same springs...

if theres one thing i know about Hondas, its the nonvtec B-series engine