Turbo questions

brilla46

Hello everyone I have my brothers 92 da it had a b18b1 in it now and I am looking for a detailed list of what I need in parts for a turbo build also any recommendations on parts would be great thank you............
This is my brother he just recently passed away

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Well first things first, you're going to need a budget and to set a certain goal for the build/

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Budget isn't an issue

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Nice, now on to the second question. How much power are you looking to make? Imo, 200-300whp should be the max if you want to keep dding the car and that's with stronger internals. IIRC, the B18b1 is only good up to 8psi of boost on stock internals before it starts giving out. This write up is a good read/guide for distinguishing between parts. http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

Last edited:

brilla46

Looking to fully build it and want to make more than 300

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I'm not sure if you'll need it or not but I'd recommended sending your block off to Cylinder Support System. They're a much cheaper alternative to sleeving your block and they guarantee up to under 500whp of power. You can crank up the boost a little more if 300hp isn't enough for you. Stage 2-3 clutch of a good company should suffice for your hp goals and as far as internals/turbochargers, it'll really depend on your opinion so you have to research those things on your own.

brilla46

I know I have to search for parts I have never done a turbo build before and I don't know what all the parts I need for it....The car was my brother and he planned on doing a turbo and now that he had passed I want to build it for him just not sure on what I all need

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I know I have to search for parts I have never done a turbo build before and I don't know what all the parts I need for it....The car was my brother and he planned on doing a turbo and now that he had passed I want to build it for him just not sure on what I all need

Pistons, connecting rods, ARP headstuds, cams, exhaust manifold (can't ever go wrong with inline pro's turbo exhaust mani), turbocharger, intercooler, oil lines for the turbo charger, fuel injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump, (walboro 255) clutch, intake manifold, blow off valve, turbo piping, 2.5-3" exhaust system, turbo down pipe, and most importantly, a good TUNE. I think I covered all the basic necessities.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
GSR short block
forged rods
forged pistons
sleeved block
skunk ultra manifold
injectors
fuel rail
fuel regulator
ecu
turbo
ic
manifold
piping
bov
waste gate

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I want to keep his LS motor

ehh you probably wont make over 300hp then. LS architecture isnt great for power unless you put a lot of money into it. I assume you dont want to put a different head on the motor either?

brilla46

Money isn't an issue just want to build a steady motor out of what he already has