GSR Swap into a 93 LS, what do I need?

GSROWNSU

my friend has a 93 ls and we wanna swap a gsr motor in it from the 3rd gen integras. Anything special that we need to put it in his 93? I heard that we can still use his stock mounts but i'm not sure lemme know if there are any extra things we need to make this work.
thanks

CHILD

all day all JDM
I think you have to use a cable to hydro tranny conversion kit from Hasport for it. Im not sure though. I know some 2nd gen tegs come with cable trannys and the GSR motor is a hydro tranny

GSROWNSU

CHILD said:
I think you have to use a cable to hydro tranny conversion kit from Hasport for it. Im not sure though. I know some 2nd gen tegs come with cable trannys and the GSR motor is a hydro tranny
other than that tho that's it?

CHILD

all day all JDM
I beleive so.....oh, the ECU jumper harness because that teg is most likely an OBD-0 and the gizzer will either be an OBD-1 or OBD-2 thats it as far as i know.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
He wouldnt need to convert the tranny if he could get a 92-93 gsr tranny, or a first gen B16 tranny.

aztecgsr

it'll be easier if you listed what you guys have so far.

my info base on what you need are:

-Wiring Harness(old ones would be fine plug and play except the distributor and injectors You’ll have to add 3 wires for VTEC, knock sensor wire, and second oxygen sensor if im right)

-injectors: im sure stock one would be fine
-Motor Mounts: im sure it'll be fine

-Intake Manifold: (this is for the 94-95 gsr's) it has what they call“upside down” intake manifold so your better off buyin like skunk 2 manifold or itr BUT, i think you'd have to fit it on somehow

-transmission- as cover above
let see what else..

i think thats pretty much beside replacing water pump, timing belt and belt tension, spark plug, pcv valve etc.. well, hope this help

Last edited:

DA6streetsleepr

I had an 93 teg and the wiring harness was OBD-1 and it had a hydro tranny. Also the car was an RS so an LS should have the same thing. so i don't thiink you'd need the OBD conversion harness or the cable hydro conversion either.