Do I have a B16A1 integra?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The engine code is stamped onto the front of the block, to the left of the exhaust manifold. There's a flat square area, that's where the engine code will be stamped.

All DOHC VTEC B series engines have this style valve cover:

^^^That's an OEM B16a valve cover.

B16a is 160HP

What exhaust you should run depends on your current and future mods, what you like the looks of and what decibel level you like/want to put up with.

DumaDa9

it shouldnt be too hard to identify the block, let me know what rpms you're at when you're on the freeway at certain miles per hour and i can tell you if you have a b16 or ls transmission as well

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it shouldnt be too hard to identify the block, let me know what rpms you're at when you're on the freeway at certain miles per hour and i can tell you if you have a b16 or ls transmission as well
90 on a ls tranny is 4500rpms est

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yup usually 80 on a ls tranny is 3.5 And 80 on a b16 transmission is 4.5
my numbers were correct right? im calculating them off of my head and i believe they are the same gearing as a 94+gsr

DumaDa9

i believe the b16 ratios are a little bit shorter, especially for the cable transmissions

B16's need the shorter gears due to their lack of torque

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i believe the b16 ratios are a little bit shorter, especially for the cable transmissions

B16's need the shorter gears due to their lack of torque
i know b16s have shorter gearing just didnt know the reason, i was also talking about the cable ls tranny vs hydro gsr