can you reset idle? 90 teg

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Does it do that all the time? Like, when the car is at operating temperature? Cuz if it only happens when its cold, thats normal. Mine's that high in the early morning.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
Does it do that all the time? Like, when the car is at operating temperature? Cuz if it only happens when its cold, thats normal. Mine's that high in the early morning.
^^^^ x2

there's a screw on the throttle body that you can adjust your idle, i would check that first if it idles high @ operating temp!

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
idk if the DAs have them but you may need to clean the IAC

XxCaryxX

Sounds as if your Throttle Cable could be too tight. It is a very finicky thing, so if you do adjust, try to be patient. (I speak from experience, because I got pissed at mine)

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
X2 on the IAC. Clean that and reset your fast idle throttle valve or fitv
Iac
for the Iac, it's located on the back of the intake manifold, it's held on by two 12mm bolts, unbolt them
pull th unit back then pull of the sensor that's facing the drivers side, after that remove the coolant hoses that run to it, once you do that, get some intake or carb cleaner and spray it into the mesh screen port, get enough to fill it up, shake it around then dumb it out. Installation is reverse of removal,

Fitv

the fitv is located right under neath the throttle body, it has 3 bolts i believe, after you take the 3 bolts off, take off the hose to the right side of the unit. after that look at the left side and you should see what looks like a brass colored plate. remove the plate and you will see a white nob looking thing, spray some cleaner in that as it's more than likely going to be dirty, next very carefully get a flat head screw drive and turn the unit clockwise until it's all the way down. you will feel it, when it gets to where it needs to be. don't over tighten or unscrew all the way up then back down as this may cause the spring inside the unit to bend and leave you with a bad working fitv.( I did it to mine and it would still idle like it was bad even though the nob was all the way down.)
after that slap it on and your idle should be good as normal. I'll look for the G2ic write up as it has Pics so you can actually see what i'm talking about. hope this helps

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
likewise. hondas run like a chevy in the morning

Hacksterbaby

If it still idles high after cleaning both the IAC valve and the FIT valve, then warm up the engine to operating temp, remove the electrical connector from the IAC valve, adjust the idle speed with the adjustment screw, then replace the connector. If you try to adjust the idle with the IAC connected, the ECU will try to compensate for the change of the idle screw position.