valves

JDM-A&A

i got my 98 integra 2 months ago. a month after i got it i was still kind of getting used to my clutch and also getting used to my FIRST 5 speed!! i knew how to drive a 5 speed before, just not as good as i do now :p ha. anyways, i was testing it out and i ACCIDENTALLY redlined it!! it made a real loud ticking noise after that. i took it in to Honda dealership and they said it was a bent valve. so to get a second opionion i took it to other shops locally around sac and they all said the SAME THING!! i didnt want to spend all that money trying to fix it so i wanted to get rid of it. i finally took off the valve cover and realized there were two bolts missing from the intake and exhaust valves. i got the two bolts and re did those two valves. put my car together, and there is BARLEY any ticking!!!!!! :) now i am going to do a full valve adjustment this weekend to HOPEFULLY getting fixing the noise! just thought i'd share that with you guys haha :)

speedin

The Transporter
That makes more sense. Because simply redlining a (decent condition) motor isnt going to bend valves, now if you downshift too low thats a forced rpm and will fuck everything up.

JDM-A&A

yeah i was real relieved to find out i just needed a valve adjustment :) those shops dont know anything haha jk

speedin

The Transporter
yeah i was real relieved to find out i just needed a valve adjustment :) those shops dont know anything haha jk
Its not they dont know anything, there just quick to profile and quick to sell a big bill.

JDM-A&A

yeah you're right. you reallly don't know what exactly is wrong untill you actually see the problem. good thing i checked myself though. plus i love working on cars. especially mine

esco115

Fawk a Title!
Now the question is where did those two bolts go? If there was any in the first place? and why are they missing? u might want to look into the issue before (hopefully not) u have more of a serious problem if any with the motor... just my 2 cent

jdmteg08

hey man when u get ur valve adjustment and you tell me what you paid to have it done and how long it took. cuz my car has been ticking 2. and i need a valve adjustment only problem is i live in the outskirts and the closest shop to me is like an hour drive thanks.

JDM-A&A

Now the question is where did those two bolts go? If there was any in the first place? and why are they missing? u might want to look into the issue before (hopefully not) u have more of a serious problem if any with the motor... just my 2 cent
good question! well i was thinking i am going to drain the oil and it is hopefully they are in the head still. cuz if not...then i have no idea where else they would go. and that does worrie me

JDM-A&A

hey man when u get ur valve adjustment and you tell me what you paid to have it done and how long it took. cuz my car has been ticking 2. and i need a valve adjustment only problem is i live in the outskirts and the closest shop to me is like an hour drive thanks.
well i am just going to adjust the valves myself. i have all the equipment for it. but i can ask around the area for you and get back to you