Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
You don't ride a motorcycle for the cool factor behind the manufacturer....

Side note, Ducati were the ones who made the shitty stators that went into the 1125.

R13

The other asshole
Could have a Hawk (modded stock pipe) for a few hundred. Those are pretty loud too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6xeVzs410

That does sound pretty good. Probably what I'd get.

Kurt by a Ducati, such neat bikes

I will probably get an 899 if the day ever comes I finally find a real Monday through friday/saturday job and can afford one. Not having any fucking luck so far.

The 899 is said to be much more reliable than most duc's and I've liked the original panigale design since it first came out.

(Yes I know that's an 1199, I was looking for pics of one without the silly factory mirrors)

94RS

No fucks given.
You didn't have to tell him that it wasn't an 899.... You and I both know that he can't tell the difference :lol:

R13

The other asshole
That was directed at you because I know you'd call me out on it :rolf:

The 899, and the 1199 share the same body mold/design (not sure if the materials are different) and basically the same engine, just different swingarm, front forks and some other unimportant (to me) shit. :lol:

Also the 1199, or any of the big brother panigales have a ceramic coating on the forks that will rip your bank account a new ass when it wears off in 10-20k miles... and I ain't about that life.

R13

The other asshole
As long as you've known me you know I'll get impatient and show up with a buell when I finally get money rolling in. :lol:

The Duc will come later most likely... if I still have the desire to get one after the 12r. :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
I'm half expecting you to end up with a Uly because it's tall :lol:

Then switch out whatever color plastics it has for Cherry Bomb.

R13

The other asshole
My main gripe with the uly is the tail. It's absolutely hideous, and all the little fenders.

Basically it has more downs that ups for me. :lol: I'll take a shorter bike if it looks better and I don't have to change a bunch of shit.

But then there's also the possibility that I might get a good deal on a uly so it's not entirely out of the question. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
The Uly tail is nothing more than the Lightning Long (SS) tail with a Blast/tube frame taillight and different seat.

Swap the Uly seat for a SS seat (under $100 brand new), change the undertail to one from an SS so you can run a regular XB taillight. Remove the top "off road" style fender, and you have this bike:

Or if you take off the lower fender and leave the top one, you've got a taller STT. Just need the number plates :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Can I take the lower fenders off and install a xbr/1125 tail?

The lightning tail is just bleh... the upper front fender has a dorsoduro vibe though, which I like. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Short version: It's been done, but a Firebolt tail on a Uly/SS requires a lot of cutting and fab work.