B18A1 swap into a 91 civic falling flat at 4k rpm

LTL

Here is my issue:
Dropped a 1993 Integra automatic B18A1 into a 1991 Civic. So the current setup is: B18A1 in the 91 civic with a 4 speed cable transmission. Here is the issue: starts great however, in first and second when you rev to about 4000 rpm it just falls flat lift off of the gas it picks back up, in 3rd and 4th once you get to 5500 RPM it falls flat again.

We race in Houston in 2 weeks and I need all of the help that I can get. Thanks in advance for you advice.

94RS

No fucks given.
Automatic... Racing. Probably broke the transmission the way it sounds like you're driving it.

The autos in these cars are strictly meant for daily driving, if you beat the hell out of them, they'll fail VERY fast.

Last edited:

LTL

Let me back up

The donor car was a 1993 Integra with an Automatic. I took the engine a B18A1 and paired it with a 4 speed cable trans and dropped it in the 91 civic.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
That's fine and all, but do you realize that slushbox can barely handle the power it makes in stock form? Now you are out beating the shit out of it, it's going to give at some point.

For all we know, the auto ecu has a speed governor in each gear and it doesn't want to go any further in that gear. We have nothing to go off of otherwise.

Have you looked into anything, has this car had proper maintenance? Did you check the welds on the intake? Check the NOS timing?

LTL

Just trying to learn something

I am just a guy want to race a $500 car. I am trying to learn something from some guys with experience. Sorry to waste your time.

No I have not check the things that you have mentioned. I need to find out what and where those things are and how to check them.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Give a good look over the car first off. Make sure the trans fluid and engine oil look ok. Then make sure all of the lines look hooked up in the engine bay. Does it have a check engine light?