Cherry bomb muffler

boricua693

Hey guys I just have a question about an exhaust and I was wondering if anybody can help me out if you may know by experience or something..I have a 97 LS stock everything with only a DC sports muffler and I like how it sounds on low idle or when its accelerating from first and second it sounds nice but after that all you hear is RIIIICEE and I was wondering if by adding a cherry bomb glasspack behind the muffler might make it sound better or if I should simply replace my DC sports muffler entirely with it? because ive seen some videos of people that combine their mufflers with that cherrybom and it sounds pretty legit. I dont know let me know what you guys think thanks I appreciate your feedback

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Hey guys I just have a question about an exhaust and I was wondering if anybody can help me out if you may know by experience or something..I have a 97 LS stock everything with only a DC sports muffler and I like how it sounds on low idle or when its accelerating from first and second it sounds nice but after that all you hear is RIIIICEE and I was wondering if by adding a cherry bomb glasspack behind the muffler might make it sound better or if I should simply replace my DC sports muffler entirely with it? because ive seen some videos of people that combine their mufflers with that cherrybom and it sounds pretty legit. I dont know let me know what you guys think thanks I appreciate your feedback
You'd be better off with a resonator Or just buying a new muffler.
Taken from the article -
"Pay attention to what is used as a sound absorbing insulator in the muffler. Stay away from fiberglass or what's called a "glass pack". Fiberglass melts with heat over time and guess what? you become loud as s*** and it's not due to more power..it's due to a failed muffler"

read thru this article, it explains.
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/blogs/michaeldelaney/26-advanced-exhaust-tech-i.html

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Cherry bomb is and always has been cheap shit, That's why glasspacks are $20 a piece.

Honestly my opinion is get a new catback with a resonator and a better muffler, You can get decent ones that sound good for ~$250, or you can get a good muffler+resonator, take it to a shop and have them install it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Cherry bomb is and always has been cheap s***
Idk... My dad's old KZ had Cherry Bombs back in the day. It actually didn't sound that bad :lol:

But yeah, just buy a WS2 muffler if a full catback isn't desired.

R13

The other asshole
Those old 4 banger kawasaki's sounded mean with any pipe as long as it was basically hollow. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
If by "any," you mean the Kerker pipe, you're right. :mrgreen: But the 400 was a twin, not a four :lol:

R13

The other asshole
That's a valid argument as well :lol:

Twins sound good, like old triumph twins and the nuda 900r, better than a slow ass harely :mrgreen:

What was this thread about again? :rolf:

boricua693

Thanks for your reply you guys and honestly I was also thinking about getting an WS2 muffler and resonator but the muffler by itself is 300 dollar which is kinda pricey for just the muffler. and I was wondering about the cherrybomb because other people recommended it because I know they are meant mainly for muscle cars but they can also be used on 4 cylinder cars and sound pretty good too. I dont know then I like that nice throaty sound wothout the rice but I dont know then what muffler to get to combine with a resonator without spending 300$ on just the muffler

R13

The other asshole
I've never actually heard a cherry bomb that sounded good and I've been in both the muscle and import world, They just sound like a bag of dry raspy farts. :lol:

Look at the yonaka catback, I'm pretty sure it's cheaper, it sounds nice too, the quality is a little lower than apexi but it's not horrible.

Last edited:

DB7ish

OBX racing mufflers sound real good on these engines. You can find them really cheap on craigslist (~$30).

94RS

No fucks given.
30 bucks for a muffler? Guaranteed the welds are shit and it will rust out in under a year.