99 GS, Running Log.

phatintegra

Banned
Why Neptune for an ecu?
The original plan was to tune it with eCtune. The only reason I decided with Neptune is with eCtune you have to renew the software licenses every year and Calvin (owner) is really slow with communicating. Neptune been around allot longer and a much bigger company then eCtune. I even looked into Greddy Ultimate and I did not hear good things. Don't know to much about Mo-Tech if it's compatible with the Auto tans.

I don't have to many options on tuning software since I'm running a JDM P30 Automatic ECU.

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
I was talking to my friend last week about valves. It's been bugging the hell out of me and I'm going to dump the Underground Racing Exhaust & Intake Valves. I don't feel comfortable running those valves in my build. I'm looking to buy another set of valves but not sure if I should go with the JDM ITR or some high end aftermarket since I'm running JDM ITR dual springs with JDM CTR camshafts.

phatintegra

Banned
run itr valves or gsr/b16. Theres minimal difference.
Most likely I will order a set of JDM ITR valves real soon maybe tomorrow.

I just pulled my JDM SSR wheels out from my storage room in my basement. I'm getting ready to drop the wheels off to the repair shop in the next few weeks or so. I know (1) wheel has a bent lip in 2 places. Then it's off to Classic Powdercoating (Classic Autobody).

I do need to order a set of 15" tires for my ITR wheels. I may stick with the original size 195-55-15. I'm looking at BFGoodrichg-Force Sport COMP-2 and the Yokohama S.drive.

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
I did more research on the valves. There are made by the same company as Skunk2. I think I will keep them. Focus on the few more parts needed for the build.

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
I'm pulling the front cross member out again due to rust (driver side) and I notice the lower control arm (driver side) has rust as well. I'm looking into sand blasting and POR-15.

I also notice that my JDM bumper reinforcement bar got damage look like somebody backed into it. I may just order one from my supplier in Hong Kong. Since it maybe cheaper trying to salvage it and then repaint it.

Last edited: