94 teg. cranking, no sparks

tk97

Car died on way to home. I found a screw inside the cap. That why I had cold engine starting shaken. I replace the new cap and rotor.at the time, I did replace the main relay.fuel filter. I test fuel pump unit working function when I turn key on start priming 2/3 seconds check engine light on and off. fuel pressure within spec. Still no sparks. I changed whole unit of rebuild distributor. Now. I have no clue to fix. Anyone can give some ideas. Thanks advance. Tk97

tk97

I did check all fuses and battery (12.4)v.

tk97

I suspect the icm and coil too. . I change a whole unit rebuilt dizzy from auto zone. Same issue. Thanks ur advice.

tk97

Auto zone rebuilt dizzy was bad .refund and had brand new dizzy put on start and fired up. The new problem came up.,I can't put it back to ignition timing 14/16 btdc only 10 at the most towards to radiator way. The engine idle is OK. I am not doing the drive test. Is the dizzy itself or other issues affecting timing. Anyone advice will be appreciated. Thanks

kidwilson33

Another vote for Ignition control module. Happened to me and was the culprit. My car was driving fine and died without warning. I cranked and cranked and wouldnt start. Changed the ICM and fired right up. I may have an extra one out in my car. its a 98 inegra LS. where do you live?