Need help identifying missing part!!! Integra LS 2001

PanthaPanda

Ok folks, I need some help. There use to be a white tank here on the passenger side fender until my roommate was being careless and ran over a curb and busted it. I tried to look it up and the most I got that the tank probably wasn't necessary as it was some sort of sound silencer or something so I ignored it. Then like a week later my CEL popped up and so I went to go get it checked out. They're transmission code errors. I don't remember what exactly but something like control solenoid shift something.

Well, I check under the car again and I see that there is a connection that isn't connected to anything any more. Like it broke off because the male connector is still inside the connection. Honestly, I think the issue is the linear control solenoid and maybe the shift solenoid but I would like to fix/get that white tank back just to give myself peace of mind. So what it is? I can't find anything that would point/name what it is. Obviously, it is somewhat important if there is a connection that needs to be made.

Here's a picture of the missing tank.

I need to fix the CEL by August because that's when my tags are up. Hope someone can help me! Look under your cars if it's not too low :p

EDIT: To help identify the part more, I believe the tank hangs off that black hose under the fender on the passenger side. It just looks like an air filter.

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
coolant reservoir is the only white tank that is on the passenger side. The driver side is the windshield washer reservoir.
Where is the picture? and what is the CEL code?

Last edited:

PanthaPanda

It's called a resonator chamber. Air passes through it from the intake to quiet down any induction noise. Here's a link to the part diagram
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=2000&catcgry3=3DR+GS+(LEATHER)&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=RESONATOR+CHAMBER+(2)&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

I took mine off a long time ago. Unnecessary if you ask me.
Ah thanks! That's exactly what it is! 166$ is probably something I don't need to spend, however, I don't see any type of electrical connection in that diagram. Is that connection to the resonator chamber or something else?

As for the CEL code, I forgot, it's been awhile. But it does have to do with the transmission. There were two codes and I know for a fact that one of them had to do with "Solenoid". If it helps, my car seems to be stuck in fourth gear. It's an automatic btw. When I put it in first, I can drive in first. But if I put it in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, the car doesn't shift at all and accelerates really slowly (stuck in 4th). After some research, I think it's the linear shift solenoid. I replaced the shift solenoid on the top of the transmission already and now I have the bottom one and the linear shift solenoid ready to swap out. Just don't have the time since those need to have the fluid replaced as well.

PanthaPanda

Can't tell from the pic. That may be the plug for the Vehicle Speed Sensor.
I don't think it's the sensor because mY speedometer works just fine. Unless iTs a different symptom I'm not aware of. I'll try to get a better picture later. The connection seems to be coming from above the solenoid connection.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
You dont need the resonator chamber. That shit is garbage. Literally it's to quite the intake and catch dust, which it does a terrible job of doing. Junk it.

phatintegra

Banned
Can't make out on that red and white wire. You need to take a better pics. I can't tell if that is the starter. Trace that wire and see where it's plug into.

Last edited: