need help with seat belt!

DA9

well my driver side seat belt doesnt go up, i mean when i force it up, and open my door it pulls down, but woudnt go up, i checked my fuse, neither any of em was blown, what may cause this problem?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
bad control unit. Take it to the dealer, they'll replace it for free.

Or you could pay and get the Canada lap belts instead of the automatic ones.

DA9

acura dealer right?...i mean yousure its free? or they'll charge me about 100+$ out of my pocket?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
yeah, the Acura dealer. They won't charge you, its a lifetime safety warranty. I had mine done about a month ago. Just don't ask for anything extra like a wash or vac unless they say its free.

They might also call and let you know if something else is wrong with it. If you don't want that fixed, then tell them "no" If you say okay they can fix it and charge you.

Just go in and say your driver side automatic seatbelt won't move and ask them kindly to fix it for you. lol, If you walk in and act all big shit they'll hate you and probably tell you they can't do it for free, but if your nice they'll do it for you.

DA9

i mean its not a life tiem warranty?...it cant be lol...i mean i bought my DA from some other board...or is it just any acura dealer that will do it?..

LiEkjAi

it's part of their factory lifetime warranty, doesn't matter who u bought it from, as long as it's a acura dealer

tisguy

haha reminds me of my '00 ls i needa take in. the buckles eject the seatbelt by itself once in awhile... i still need to take that in for them to replace.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
DA9 said:
i mean its not a life tiem warranty?...it cant be lol...i mean i bought my DA from some other board...or is it just any acura dealer that will do it?..
Any dealer will do it. I have absolutely no records from my car. I dont know how many people have owned it or anything, and they did it 100% free. No fees what so at all!