Official DSLR Photography Thread

R13

The other asshole
Best advice I can give you is get Lightroom.

It will make getting nice shots x1,000,000 easier. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Isn't Lightroom cheaper?

Tbh I've never even looked :lol:

Ryan659

Lightroom doesn't have layers so you can't add Kurt hanging out with teletubbies.

As far as I know. I think the sliders for Lightroom are more advanced than elements but it depends on what you want to use it for.

Noneed2Hate

Lightroom doesn't have layers so you can't add Kurt hanging out with teletubbies.

As far as I know. I think the sliders for Lightroom are more advanced than elements but it depends on what you want to use it for.
well this is pretty much my first venture in to legitimate picture taking/editing. So I guess whichever is more user/beginner friendly will be the one I go with initially.

R13

The other asshole
Not bad, not great, but not bad :rolf:

If I had lightroom I'd edit some of those for ya but my free trial ran out :rolf:

Keep at it, we all fucking sucked at one time. ...I mean we all still do, but we got a little better :lol:

Noneed2Hate

Not bad, not great, but not bad :rolf:

If I had lightroom I'd edit some of those for ya but my free trial ran out :rolf:

Keep at it, we all f***ing sucked at one time. ...I mean we all still do, but we got a little better :lol:
I ended up getting the lightroom free trial, I'm just too lazy to edit things :rolf: I just thought "meh, good enough" :rolf:

I'll try editing a few and post them up though for sure.

When you are doing your edits, do you primarily just deal with contrast, expose, and all the other basic stuff? Or do you go really deep into it with the other tools?

Last edited: