How To: Replace Leaking Cam Cap/Seal

nayy

I know this thread hasnt been brought up in years but I have a concern, I just replaced the my leaky cam seal and followed this diy and it was great only thing although I had my torque wrench set to 7.2ft lb one of the bolts still snapped, I didnt even feel it get tight it just broke... I put some rtv on the outside incase it leaks from not being tight. My question is will it be safe to drive around like that until I find a replacement bolt or should I hold of on driving until it is fixed, I dont want to damage my car so I need some advice or at a little piece of mind

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Those bolts are too freaking easy to snap off. I would not be concerned to drive around with it that way, you may leak a little oil out of the hole but that should be it. Go to a dealer and get the replacement.

K3Ntegra

My non-vtec car did not have an oil rail, making step 6 un-necessary. I lost an acorn nut for the valve cover; dealership charged 6.35 per nut. It was fully metallic though.

Thanks for the guide.

94RS

No fucks given.
My non-vtec car did not have an oil rail, making step 6 un-necessary. I lost an acorn nut for the valve cover; dealership charged 6.35 per nut. It was fully metallic though.

Thanks for the guide.

Should've splurged and went for the dress up washers/nuts.

Noneed2Hate

I just bought a cheapo plastic POS cam seal, stuck some blue RTV on the inner rim, popped it in and viola no more leak.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I run a skunk one. no issues over 4 years. And you know the hardware stores sell the acorn nuts, its just an m6 thread pitch.